A Glo Nigeria subscriber sent in a complaint that he’d like to have published and discussed here on MOBILITY. Here is the body of the email:
Hello Mr Mo,
I wanted to share something with you. I have been on a certain Glo plan where I get charged 5kobo per sec to 5 family and friends numbers with a daily fee of 5 naira ["Sounds like G-BAM HI 5ive” – Editor]. Which works for me well as I mostly call those numbers. However, of late now when I subscribe to a data bundle, Glo suddenly migrates me to a smartphone data call tariff that is higher than what I regularly pay when I call those family and friends.
The question I’m asking myself is, Should Glo automatically/unilaterally migrate me to such a plan that is more expensive in calls to all Glo numbers that I call compared to my regular plan?
I was hoping this could be discussed on MOBILITY. Thanks
As far as I can tell, it would be wrong of Glo or any mobile network to switch tariffs arbitrarily. So, here are some questions that are begging to be asked:
1. What is the name of the smartphone data plan the subscriber activated?
2. Does Glo offer any special smartphone data plans with special call tariffs attached?
3. If yes, was this subscriber aware of these special voice tariffs attached to the data plan before subscribing?
4. Did Glo do adequate subscriber enlightenment about those special smartphone data plans to make sure that as many subscribers as possible are informed?
Let’s discuss this!
Latest posts by Mister Mobility (see all)
- How to remap Bixby button to take photos or other action - February 22, 2019
- Samsung Galaxy S10 pre-order kicks off in Nigeria - February 21, 2019
- Soda S2 review - February 18, 2019