When a group of former Nokia employees grouped up to make a relevant competitor for Android and Apple, we had high hopes for them. They picked up the abandoned Maemo OS and built Sailfish OS, but sadly, the venture hasn’t turned out well for them.
Earlier this year, we reported that the company is almost dead, but it appears they’re not giving up yet, as they launch a new phone (pictured above). Only 1000 units of this phone was made, and it is only available for interested developers and enthusiasts. The phone will be shipped to owners in July 2016, and sadly it comes with no form of warranties. Here’s the specs of the Jolla C phone:
- 5.0″ IPS, /293 PPI/ HD (720 x 1280)
- 16 GB storage /2 GB RAM /MicroSD slot up to 32 GB
- 1.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm/ Snapdragon™ 212
- Pure Sailfish OS 2.0 compatible with Android™ apps
- 2500 mAh li-on User-replaceable battery.
- Price: $188
Latest posts by Etoniru Chibueze (see all)
- App Review: Keke on the Run 2 is unique in its own way - May 16, 2017
- The 2017 Toyota Yaris iA is classy and affordable - April 3, 2017
- Philips Xenium X558 Specifications & Features - April 3, 2017