After the failure of modularity with the LG G5, its replacement, the LG G6 does away with the idea and comes in a classical form. This page provides detailed information, specs, features and price of the LG G6.
After the less-than-stellar modularity experiment with the LG G5, its replacement, the G6 does away with the idea completely and delivers a 5.7-inch FullView display (18:9 aspect ratio) phone in a very compact, classy form with rounded edges. The G6 has a glass back and metal frame, and is water and dust resistant too.
True to 2017 flagship standards, there is a dual camera, as well as a fingerprint sensor, on the back of the G6.
LG G6 Specs, Features and Price
The concept of modular smartphones is one that isn’t flying yet (*and may never fly). LG made the right call in ditching it this time. The G6 looks like a winner. Have a look at the full specs.
Wireless Network and Software
- GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE frequency bands 1(2100) / 2(1900) / 3(1800) / 4(1700/2100) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 12(700) / 13(700) / 17(700) / 20(800) / 28(700) / 38(2600) / 40(2300)
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM (Optional Dual SIM)
- OS: Android 7 Nougat + LG UX 6.0
Design, Appearance and Physical Build
- Dimensions: 148.9 x 71.9 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 163 g
- Display: 5.7-inch, 2880 x 1440 pixels (564 PPI), OLED touchscreen with Gorilla Glass 3. DolbyVision and HDR 10
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity, gyro, Compass,barometer, color spectrum
- Build: Metal frame and Gorilla Glass 5 back. IP68 water and dust resistance. MIL-STD-810G compliant
- Colours: Mystic white. Astro black. Ice platinum.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: Quad-core 2.35 GHz
- Processor Name: Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 530
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 32 GB / 64 GB / 128 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 2 TB
Photography and Video Recording
- Rear Camera: 13 + 13 megapixels dual camera, laser autofocus, dual LED flash
- Video recording: 2160p @ 30fps + stereo sound recording
- Front-facing Camera: 5 megapixels
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA,
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes (available in select markets)
- Bluetooth: v4.2
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- USB: v2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Charging: Fast battery charging: 50% in 30 min (Quick Charge 3.0)
- Optional Wireless Charging (available in US only)
- Battery Type and capacity: Non-removable Li-Poly 3300 mAh
- Announcement: February 2017
- Availability: March 2017
- Phone Price: From $699.99
LG G6 Review Articles
- G6 Review: A Well-Rounded, Bargain Flagship
- G6 Unboxing, Hands-on, And Photos
- Camera head to head: Lumia 950 vs LG G6
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about LG G6 is 100% correct.