ThinQ of the LG V30 from 2017. ThinQ of it with 6GB RAM, 128GB internal storage and artificial intelligence, and you have the 2018’s LG V30S ThinQ. A variant of it with 256GB internal storage is called LG V30S+ ThinQ. The only question I want to ask the LG team is, Whose idea was this naming scheme?
LG has created their own artificial intelligence (AI) platform and named it ThinQ. Just pronounce it as “think” and you are fine. And ThinQ will be showing up first in the new models, LG V30S ThinQ and LG V30S+ ThinQ. Sigh. I can’t get past these names. LG!!!
So, we are looking at a 6-inch, FullView display with 18:9 aspect ratio, a dual rear camera setup, as well as water and dust resistance, among other features.
Let’s Talk About ThinQ
LG’s AI, ThinkQ, will let the V30S communicate with other IoT gadgets, will automatically adjust the camera settings to fit the subject, can read QR codes, as well work with Google Assistant and Alexa on your connected home devices, so you can control them with the sound of your voice.
LG says that if you own an LG V30, you will be able to download, install and use ThinkQ on your smartphone. Nice. But how about us LG G6 users?
LG V30S ThinQ Specifications
Network and Software
- GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 3G: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G: LTE Frequency Bands 1(2100) / 2(1900) / 3(1800) / 4(1700/2100) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 12(700) / 13(700) / 17(700) / 20(800) / 28(700) / 38(2600)
- SIM Type: Single and Dual Nano-SIM Options
- OS: Android 8.1 Nougat + LG UX 6.0+
- Dimensions: mm
- Weight: g
- Display: 6.0 inches, 1440 x 2880 pixels (538 ppi), P-OLED, Always on Display, Gorilla Glass 5
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Proximity, Ambient Light, G-sensor, E-compass
- Build: Metal + Glass / IP68 water and dust resistance / MIL-STD-810G
- Colours: New Maroccan Blue. New Platinum Gray
- Processor Type: Octa-Core 2.45 GHz
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 540
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB / 256 GB (LG V30S+ ThinQ)
- External Storage: MicroSD card up to 256 GB
- Rear: Dual 16 megapixels F/1.6 autofocus, Crystal Clear Lens + 13 megapixel F/1.9 aperture, 120-degree field of view, with LED flash
- Video recording: 2160p@30fps
- Front-facing: 5 megapixels, ƒ/2.2 aperture
- Music Support: mp3, aac, aac+, eaac+, amr
- Loudspeaker: Mono
- Video Support: mpeg4, h.263, h.264
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- USB: microUSB v3.1. Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Other: NFC
- Charging: Quick Charge 3.0 / Wireless Charging
- Battery: Non-removable Li-ion 3300 mAh
- Announcement: February 24, 2018
- Availability: March 2018
- Launch Price: To Be Announced
Read more about ThinQ HERE.
Founder of MobilityArena. Yomi’s journey in mobile started in 2001. Besides obsessing over mobile phones, he also started creating WAP sites (early mobile-friendly websites created with WML). He began writing about phones in 2004 and has been at it since then. He has owned over 200 devices, from Symbian, Palm, PocketPC/Windows Mobile, BlackBerry/BB10, webOS, Windows Phone, Firefox, Ubuntu Touch, to Android, iOS, and KaiOS operating systems.