Facebook has become an essential part of our lives. For some, in fact, it is the only way for them to keep in touch with friends. Some other people love to meet new people on Facebook. It makes sense, therefore, for you to want people to easily find your Facebook profile as easily as possible.
However, for some reasons, you might not want your account to be easily found. You can make this happen. You could change your name to something unique. Note that if you are simply trying to hide from just one person, you can just block them. A lot of people do that these days. However, you could still be easily found after doing that.
Below are some ways to keep your Facebook profile hidden.
How to make your Facebook profile difficult to find
- Log in to your Facebook account, then go to Settings. To do this, click on the arrow into the top right of the screen, then scroll down to Settings.
- On the next page, click on Privacy. You will see a list of privacy settings for your account. All you need to focus on are the Who can Contact me and the Who can Look Me Up options.
- Click on Edit beside the Who Can Send Me a Friend Request option. When the options come up, click on the dropdown menu and select Friends of Friends.
- Now, click on the Who can Look You Up Using Email Address. Click on the dropdown menu that comes up and select either Friends or Friends of Friends.
- Do the same thing for the next option, Who Can Look You Up Using The Phone Number You Provided. Select either Friends or Friends of Friends.
- Now, click on Edit next to Do You Want Search Engines Outside of Facebook to Link to Your Profile. Uncheck the box that says Allow Search Engines Outside of Facebook to Link to Your Profile, then click Turn off.
When you are done, your Facebook profile will be difficult to find on Facebook. Now, only your friends or friends of friends will be able to find you using either your phone number or email address, and your Facebook profile will not turn up in search results anymore.
We love to hear from you - your opinions, insights and experiences with smartphones and other gadgets. Be a part of Mobility Arena's active community by sharing a comment below if comments are enabled for this page.