Microsoft has just launched Office 2016 software. This is the latest addition to Office 365, Microsoft’s cloud-based subscription service. Office 2016 comes with new versions of the Office desktop apps, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, etc.
When a user subscribes for Office 365, they get always-up-to-date, fully installed apps for use across their devices. Things such as One Drive online storage, Skype for Business, and more are the added features.
Below are the major features of the new software:
- Co-authoring in Word, PowerPoint and OneNote desktop software. Real-time typing in Word that lets you see others’ edits as they make them.
- Skype in-app integration allowing for screen share, talk or video chat right in your docs.
- Outlook 2016 has a smarter inbox, with lightning-fast search.
- Smart Lookup brings insights from the Web right into your documents.
- Excel 2016 now includes new modern chart types and more to help make the most of your data.
- Built-in Data Loss Prevention across Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook to reduce risk of leaking sensitive data, giving IT administrators tools to manage content authoring and document sharing policies.
- Multifactor authentication ensuring secured access to content anywhere, when you’re away from the corporate network.