The Moto Z3 is not a 5G phone out-of-the-box, but all you have to do is snap on the 5G Moto Mod and it will be instantly ready to connect to a compatible 5G network. Neat; right? But the Z3 is not all about being upgradeable to 5G. Let us have a look at the rest of the Moto Z3 specs to see what else is available.
It has a 6-inch SuperAMOLED, FullView display with the new 18:9 aspect ratio. The body is splash and dust resistant, but under the hood is where it leaves us wanting quite a bit. It is powered by a Snapdragon 835 processor (yes; from 2017), and has 4 GB of RAM. Battery capacity is 3000 mAh.
The selfie camera is an 8-megapixel snapper, while at the back is a dual camera combining two 12-megapixel lenses. You will not find the fingerprint scanner in front or at the back; it is located at the side.
The Z3 has no 3.5 mm audio jack port, but you can use a USB-C adaptor to connect one should you really need to.
Moto Z3 Specs and Price
Find below the full Moto Z3 specs, features, availability, as well as moto z3 price.
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 900 / 1800 MHz
- 3G: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G: LTE bands 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 4(1700/2100) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 12(700) / 17(700) / 18(800) / 19(800) / 20(800) / 26(850) / 28(700) / 38(2600) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Dimensions: 156.5 x 76.5 x 6.75 mm
- Weight: 156 g
- Display: 6-inch, 2,160 x 1,080 pixels, 18:9 aspect ratio, SuperAMOLED display, Gorilla Glass 3
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), Ambient light, Accelerometer, Proximity
- Build: Glass + Aluminium. Splash and dust resistant
- Colours: Ceramic Black
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core 2.35 GHz Cortex-A53
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 540
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 512 GB (dedicated slot)
- Rear: Dual 12 megapixels + 12 megapixels, auto-focus, dual LED flash
- Video recording: 4k
- Front-facing: 8 megapixels
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Audio: Front speaker
- Loudspeaker: Mono
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v5.0
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- USB: microUSB v3.1, Type-C 1.0, USB On-The-Go, magnetic connector
- Charging: 15W Fast Battery Charger
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 3000mAh
- Announced: August 2018
- Availability: August 2018
Moto Z3 Price
The Z3 costs $480, but unfortunately it is available exclusively only on Verizon. Bummer for the rest of us.
The 5G Moto Mod
The optional snap-on 5G Moto Mod magnetically attaches to the back of the Z3 to turn it into a 5G phone. The mod has a built-in 2000 mAh battery, which should help the Z3 maintain good battery life. However, it will not be available for purchase until Verizon switches on its 5G network in early 2019, so you have to wait till then to get your hands on it.
The 5G Moto Mod has a SIM card slot and is compatible with both 4G and 5G networks, which enables it to switch to 4G when outside of 5G coverage. When connected to a 5G network, it will be capable of speeds in the range of 5Gbps.
Verizon’s 5G will be launched first in 3 US cities, Sacramento, Los Angeles, and Houston, so you have to be in those locations too to be able to use the service before it spreads.
The price of the 5G Moto Mod has not been announced yet.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.
Latest posts by MobilityArena InfoDesk (see all)
- OPPO F11 Pro – Complete Phone Information - February 23, 2019
- Xiaomi Mi 9 SE – All you wanted to know - February 21, 2019
- 8 Energizer feature phones announced; will run KaiOS - February 20, 2019