Samsung has dropped the “Gear” name for its smartwatches. The latest smart watch is now called Samsung Galaxy Watch. It still helps you keep connected without having to pick up your phone, and it still has fitness tracking features.
The new Samsung Galaxy Watch comes in two sizes – 46mm and 42mm – and has military-grade durability. It is also water resistance and can be kept on when swimming. The display is also protected from scratches by Corning Gorilla Glass DX+.
Besides coming in two sizes, there are two variants: one with LTE and the other, Bluetooth-only. The LTE version also has Bluetooth and both variants are compatible with both Android and iOS smartphones.
Samsung Galaxy Watch Specs
Here is a quick run through the Samsung Galaxy Watch Specs:
- Display: 1.3-inch (46mm) / 1.2-inch (42mm). Both have Gorilla Glass DX+
- Colours: Midnight Black, Rose Gold and Silve
- Build: IP68 water resistance up to 50 meters, (MIL-STD-810G) standard
- Processor: Dual-core Samsung Exynos 9110
- RAM: 1.5GB (LTE model), 768MB (Bluetooth-only)
- Battery: 472mAh (46mm) / 270mAh (42mm)
- Internal Storage: 4GB
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 4G LTE (LTE model)
- Payments: Built-in NFC lets you make payments with Samsung Pay
Samsung says with a full charge, you will get a few days of usage out of each model. There is nothing in the specs and feature list that suggest the Galaxy Watch is a game-changer or revolutionary, but it sure looks like a solid upgrade from the older Galaxy Gear.
Just like the Samsung Galaxy Note9, the Galaxy Watch will go on sale from August 24, 2018.