I got an enquiry from someone having difficulty using his Nigerian debit card on Google Play store. “Ehy is Google Playstore rejecting my credit card number?” is a fairly regular enquiry I get from Nigerians trying to make app purchases with their local ATM/bank cards. Here are a few recent ones:
@moverick any ideas how one can pay for apps on Google playstore? Seems Nigerian bank cards were blocked for naira purchases
— Chibuïke (@bykx4) October 18, 2016
How to use a Nigerian debit card on Google Play store
Google’s policy document states that “some forms of payment can’t be used if the country does not match the country listed for your account. For example, a Google Play balance in U.S.$ can’t be used if your home country is not the U.S. If you think this might be your issue, check or change your home country in Google Payments to see if that solves the problem.”
In other words, if your Google Play balance is listed in USD, you need to switch your home country to U.S. even though you are based in Nigeria. As such, you will need a US address and phone number.
How To Switch Home Country In Google Play
Here is how to change your home country to be able to use a Nigerian bank card on Google Play:
- Login to Google Payments with the email you use for Google Play
- Click on Settings
- Update the Home address field with your US address and phone number
That’s it. Note that your card billing address must remain its authentic Nigerian address. The only thing you need to switch to US is the home country setting.
If this doesn’t work, just create a new Google account afresh and set the home country as U.S. from the get go. Enter your Nigerian debit card details using its valid Nigerian address. Use this new Google account exclusively for your logging into Play Store.
Still Doesn’t Work?
If you have followed the above steps and you are still unable to use your Nigerian debit card on Google Play store, you should consider getting an international MasterCard or VISA card and use that instead. The Nigerian financial services industry is probably screwing you up with one of their crazy policies.
- what is the postcode for nigeria while adding payment on google play
- how to use diamond visa card buy items in google play store
- how to do inapp purchases with diamond bank credit card
- how to buy game from playstore in nigeria kebbi state
- how to use gtbank mastercard to pay on google playstore
- i cannot add my diamond bank debit card to my google account
- how to add my master card to google play store in nigeria
- "google pay" correct this card info gt bank nigeria
- my diamond debit card is not working on play store
- can verve card work on google play
- nigeria debit cards dont work on google play
- why is google playstore rejecting my credit card number
- banks in nigeria for playstore
- how do i use my verve card to buy in playstore?
- purchase in google play store in nigeria
- debit carding with android nigeria
- atm card that works with playstore
- i have a atm master card but i did not know how to buy from play store
- why is. google pay rejecting my nigerian master catdy
- how to set my gtb atm card to buy games on play store keeps telling me incorrect number