Nokia 2.1 Quick Specs: Android 8.1 Oreo smartphone. Announced September 2018. Features a 5.5-inch display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 chipset, 5 MP selfie camera, 8 MP single rear camera, 1 GB RAM, 8 GB internal memory, and a removable 4000 mAh battery with 10W fast charging.
Nokia 2.1 Specs and Features
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE APAC/EMEA – 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 20(800) / 38(2600), 40(2300)
India – 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- 5G mobile network bands: No.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Single and Dual SIM options
- Software / OS: Android 8.1 Oreo, Go Edition (Android one)
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: 153.6 x 77.6 x 9.67 mm
- Weight: 174g
- Display: 5.5 inches, 720 x 1280 pixels, 16:9 aspect ratio, IPS LCD screen.
- Colours: Blue/Copper. Blue/Silver. Grey/Silver.
- Physical Build: Aluminum frame, plastic back with anti-fingerprint oleophobic coating.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 1.4GHz Quad-core, Cortex-A53
- Processor Name: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 425
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 308.
- RAM: 1 GB
- Internal Storage: 8 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128 GB (dedicated slot)
Photography, Video Recording
- Rear Camera: 8 MP single camera, f2.2 Aperture, LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 5 MP, f2.0 Aperture, fixed focus, 720p@30fps video capture.
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Dual speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Digital Compass: No.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): No.
- Fingerprint Scanner: No.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Senor: No.
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou.
- USB: microUSB v2.0; USB-OTG
- NFC: Yes.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Removable Lithium-Ion 4000 mAh
- Battery Charging: 10W Charging
- Reverse Charging: No.
- Announced: May 2018
- Market Availability: July 2018
Nokia 2.1 Price and Availability
- Country Availability: Global.
- Price: $115. In Nigeria, based on current exchange rate, that translates to about ₦40,000.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Many will find it painful paying ₦40,000 for an entry-level Android phone. But you won’t find any phone in this class with the premium build quality, 10W quick charging, or guaranteed software updates for up to 2 years.
And if you wait a while, the price will drop and this Nokia will become even more solid value for money.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
Nokia 2.1 Review Rating
We are yet to review the Nokia 2.1 and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Nokia 2.1 News and Updates
February 2019: Android 9 Pie update was rolled out to the Nokia 2.1.
September 2020: Android 10 (Go Edition) update began to roll out for Nokia 2.1. This is the second software update that the entry-level smartphone is getting. It is also expected to get Android 11 in 2021.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Nokia 2.1 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.