Nokia 2.2 is a budget Android One smartphone from HMD Global, manufacturer of Nokia-branded Android smartphones. It lacks a fingerprint scanner, but there is Face Unlock, NFC for mobile payments and file sharing, as well as a dedicated Google Assistant button on the left-hand side.
Nokia 2.2 Quick Specs: Android 9 Pie smartphone. Announced June 2019. Features 5.7-inch display, Helio A22 chipset, 5 MP selfie camera, 13 MP single rear camera, up to 3 GB RAM, up to 32 GB internal memory, and a removable 3000 mAh battery.
Nokia 2.2 Specs and Features
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE APAC/EMEA – 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 20(800) / 38(2600), 40(2300)
India – 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- 5G mobile network bands: No.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Single and Dual SIM options
- Software / OS: Android 9 Pie (Android one)
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: 146 x 70.6 x 9.3 mm
- Weight: 153g
- Display: 5.71 inches, 720 x 1520 pixels, 19:9 aspect ratio, IPS LCD curved glass screen, with a waterdrop notch
- Colours: Black. Steel.
- Physical Build: Polycarbonate.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 2.0 GHz Quad-core, Cortex-A53
- Processor Name: Mediatek MT6761 Helio A22
- Graphics Processor: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 2 GB . 3 GB
- Internal Storage: 16 GB / 32 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 400 GB (dedicated slot)
Photography, Video Recording
- Rear Camera: 13 MP single camera, f2.2 Aperture, LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 5 megapixels, f2.0 Aperture, AI Face Recognition, 720p@30fps video capture.
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Digital Compass: No.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): No.
- Fingerprint Scanner: No.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Senor: No.
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB v2.0; USB-OTG
- NFC: Yes.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Removable Lithium-Ion 3000 mAh
- Battery Charging: 5V/1A Standard Charging
- Reverse Charging: No.
- Announced: June 2019
- Market Availability: June 2019
Nokia 2.2 Price and Availability
- Country Availability: Global.
- Price: $100 for the 2GB/16GB variant, and $112 for the 3GB/32GB variant. In Europe, that amounts to €90 and €99 respectively. In Nigeria, the dual-SIM, 2GB/16GB variant is on sale for ₦31,000. The Nokia 2.2 arrived the US market for $139.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
At $100, the Nokia 2.2 is a bit pricey, considering that smartphones from alternative brands that add a fingerprint scanner to the mix are available for less. But you won’t get the same physical build quality and you won’t get guaranteed software updates for up to 2 years from those models.
So, depending on your needs, this might be exactly what you are looking for.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
Nokia 2.2 Review Rating
We are yet to review the Nokia 2.2 and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Nokia 2.2 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Follow MobilityArena on social media!