Nokia 6.2 Quick Specs: Android 9 Pie smartphone features a 6.3-inch PureDisplay with a waterdrop notch, Snapdragon 636 chipset, 8 MP selfie camera, 16 MP + 5 MP + 8MP AI triple rear camera, up to 4 GB RAM, up to 128 GB internal memory, and a 3500 mAh battery with 10W fast charging. The phone is also known as Nokia 6 2019.
Being an Android One phone, Nokia 6.2 comes with HMD Global’s guarantee of 2 and 3 years of software updates and security patches respectively. This means that the phone will get the Android 10 update, as well as Android 11 update. It has a triple camera in a circular module at the back of the phone. A fingerprint scanner is located below the camera module.
Nokia 6.2 Phone Specs and Features
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 3G mobile network: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network: LTE bands 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 20(800) / 28(700) / 38(2600) / 40(2300) / 41(2500) – Global variant. Latin American and Indian variants have slightly different bands.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Software / OS: Stock Android 9 Pie (Android One); upgradeable to Android 10.
Design, Form Factor and Appearance
- Dimensions: 159.92 x 75.15 x 8.25 mm
- Weight: 180g
- Display: 6.3 inches, 2246 x 1080 pixels, 19:9 aspect ratio, HDR10, SDR to HDR, IPS LCD curved glass screen with Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3.
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), Face Unlock, Accelerometer, Ambient Light sensor, Proximity sensor, Compass
- Materials: Polymer composite + Gorilla Glass 3 front and back.
- Colours: Ceramic Black. Ice.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core 1.8 GHz Kryo 260
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 (14 nm)
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 509
- RAM: 3 GB / 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 32 GB / 64 GB / 128 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 512 GB (dedicated slot)
Photography and Video Recording
- Rear Camera: 16 MP + 5 MP depth sensor + 8MP ultra-wide AI triple camera, f1/8/f2.2 Aperture, LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording with OZO audio recording.
- Front-facing Camera: 8 megapixels, f2.0 Aperture, Face Recognition, AI Bokeh, 1080p@30fps video capture.
Audio and Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack; Qualcomm® aptX™ audio
- Loudspeaker: Mono
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- USB: microUSB v3.0; Type-C 1.0; USB-OTG
- NFC: Yes.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 3500 mAh
- Battery Charging: Qualcomm QuickCharge 1.0 (10W Fast Charging)
- Reverse Charging: Yes.
- Announced: September 2019
- Market Availability: September 2019
- Miscellaneous Features: Notification LED on power button, Google Assistant button.
Nokia 6.2 Price and Availability
- Country Availability: Global, including United States of America, Canada, United Kingdom, Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, and many others.
- Price: The 3/32GB base model is priced at €200, while the 4/64GB variant sells for €250. In Nigeria, the 4/64GB variant has a price tage of ₦72,000. It is a pleasant surprise that the 4/64GB variant is available in Nigeria. See: The higher variants of budget Nokia phones are not available and it doesn’t make sense.
Does Nokia 6.2 have Gorilla Glass protection?
Nokia 6.2 has a 6.3-inch IPS LCD, waterdrop, PureDisplay that supports HDR10. The display is fitted with Corning’s Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
Is Nokia 6.2 waterproof?
It does not have any water and dust-proof protection or rating. It does not have any form of ingress protection. As such, you should avoid using it in the rain, and avoid splashes getting on it. If water gets into it, it might result in serious damage that bricks the phone.
Does Nokia 6.2 have fast charging?
The Nokia 6.2 is equipped with a 3,500mAh battery with 10W fast charging support. This is slightly faster than normal charging speeds and is the equivalent of QuickCharge 1.0. The charging port supports USB-C reversible connector.
Does Nokia 6.2 have wireless charging?
No; the 6.2 does not have wireless charging. It can only be charged via a USB-C cable.
When was Nokia 6.2 released?
The 6.2 from Nokia/HMD Global is a mid-range Android phone that was announced and released to the market in September 2019.
Is Nokia 6.2 any good?
The 6.2 offers a compelling set of features and specifications, including a premium design and finish, a very good screen with Gorilla Glass protection, and more. However, it is let down by the rather dated Snapdragon 636 chipset. You can get more details in our Nokia 6.2 review.
When Is Nokia 6.2 getting the Android 109 Update?
HMD Global began to rollout the Nokia 6.2 Android 10 update on the 28th of April, 2020, when the first batch of countries began to receive it. The update began rolling out to the second batch of countries on the 14th of May, 2020.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
Nokia 6.2 Review Rating
The Nokia 6.2 gets a 4.1/5.0 review rating from us. Here is our Nokia 6.2 review.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information about Nokia 6.2 on this page is 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
We love to hear from you - your opinions, insights and experiences with smartphones and other gadgets. Be a part of Mobility Arena's active community by sharing a comment below if comments are enabled for this page.