If you take the Nokia 8, launched in 2017, and replace certain of its features with a bigger 5.5-inch p-OLED bezel-less display, stainless steel frame instead of aluminium, Gorilla Glass 5 on the front and back, and IP67 water and dust resistance instead of IP54 splash resistance, and you have the Nokia 8 Sirocco from 2018.
The IP67 rating means that the phone can be submerged in water for up to 1 metre and 30 minutes. What else is different in the Nokia 8 Sirocco that sets it apart from the original Nokia 8? There is QuickCharge 4, which tops off your battery from 0 to 50% in 30 minutes, wireless charging, as well as new cameras.
The Nokia 8 Sirocco is powered by the same Snapdragon 835 processor as the Nokia 8 though and has the same 6GB RAM that one of the variants of its predecessor has, so there isn’t much difference in power under the hood. Which is similar to what LG has done with the V30S and V30S+.
Did these manufacturers compare notes?
So, if you have been itching for a bezel-less Nokia 8, here it is. It isn’t available in the market yet, but April isn’t so far off now. Have a look at the rest of the Nokia 8 Sirocco specs.
Nokia 8 Sirocco Specifications
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 3G: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G: FDD-LTE 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 38(2600) / 39(1900) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- SIM Type: Single and Dual Nano SIM options
- OS: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Dimensions: 140.9 x 73 x 7.5 mm
- Weight: g
- Display: 5.5 inches, 2560 x 1440 pixels, 16:9 aspect ratio, p-OLED, 2.5D Curved Glass, Gorilla Glass 5
- Sensors: Fingerprint. Proximity. Accelerometer, Ambient light. Gyroscope. Compass Magnetometer
- Build: Stainless Steel frame, Gorilla Glass 5, front and back, IP67 water and dust resistance rating
- Colours: Gloss Blue, Tempered Blue, Steel, Polished Copper
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-Core 2.5GHz
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 540
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- External Storage: MicroSD card, up to 256GB (hybrid)
- Rear: Dual 12 megapixel, f/1.75 + 12 megapixel, f/2.6, Zeiss optics, OIS, Laser autofocus, Super EIS, Dual-tone LED flash
- Video recording: 2160p @ 30fps, Nokia OZO audio recording
- Front-facing: 5 megapixel, f/2.0, Zeiss optics, Screen Flash
- Music Support: mp3, aac, aac+, eaac+, amr
- Audio: Dolby Atmos
- Loudspeaker: Mono
- Video Support: mpeg4, h.263, h.264
- FM Radio: To Be Confirmed
- Bluetooth: v5.0
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- USB: microUSB v3.1, USB Type-C 1.0
- NFC: Yes
- Charging: Quick Charge 4.0 (50% in 30 minutes); Qi Wireless Charging
- Battery: Non-removable 3260mAh
- Announcement: February 25th, 2018
- Availability: April 2018
- Launch Price: €749
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.
We love to hear from you - your opinions, insights and experiences with smartphones and other gadgets. Be a part of Mobility Arena's active community by sharing a comment below if comments are enabled for this page.