The original Nokia 8110 became popularly called the Matrix Phone because it was featured in the 1999 blockbuster movie, The Matrix, starring Keanu Reeves as Neo. Here are details and pictures of the new Nokia 8110 4G edition.
The original Nokia 8110 was a high-end phone with a slider form factor in the shape of a banana. It was released in 1996. I realise that some of our readers were not born then or are not old enough to know this phone, so a little introduction is in order. Here is what it looked like:
The 8110 was a feature phone, but a very expensive one, as it was designed for business users. Back then, sliders were uber cool. The phone’s slider covered a traditional alpha-numeric keypad.
Similar to how the Nokia 3310 was resurrected, HMD Global has brought back the Nokia 8110 to the future. Say hello to Nokia 8100 2018 Edition.
What Is New In The Nokia 8110 4G?
As the name spells out, the Nokia 8110 4G is a 4G LTE cell phone that runs Smart Feature OS, a forked version of the now discontinued Firefox OS. The platform has an app store that already runs on 30 million devices in India and North America. And Facebook has committed to building an app for it too.
Nokia 8110 4G has a small 2.4-inch display, has a 2 megapixel main camera, will have single and dual SIM variants, is able to synchronize your contacts, email and calendar, as well as allow you share its 4G LTE internet via a mobile hotspot. Nokia claims it will deliver 25 days standby time.
While the original Nokia 8110 was a high-end phone, the 2018 version is a budget device and will cost $97 (79 euros).
Nokia 8110 4G Specifications and Price
Find below the full Nokia 8110 4G specs, features, availability and price.
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 3G: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA
- 4G: LTE frequency bands 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 20(800) – Europe
LTE band 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 20(800) / 38(2600) / 39(1900) / 40(2300) / 41(2500) – MENA/China
- SIM Type: Single and Dual SIM variants
- OS: KaiOS
- Dimensions: 155.2 x 73.5 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 153.8 g
- Display: 2.4 inches, QVGA LCD display
- Build: Plastic
- Colours: Black. Yellow.
- Processor Type: Dual-core 1.1 GHz
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 205 (MSM8905)
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 304
- RAM: 512 MB
- Internal Storage: 4GB
- External Storage: microSD
- Rear: 2 megapixels, LED flash
- Video recording: VGA
- Front-facing: No
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Loudspeaker: Mono
- Video Support: MP4 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- USB: microUSB v2.0
- Charging: Regular
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Ion 1,500mAh
- Announced: February 25, 2018
- Availability: May 2018
- Nokia 8110 4G Price: $97 (79 Euros). The 8110 4G’s price in Nigeria is around NGN26,000.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.