An update notification for Asha software version 14.0.4 popped up on my Nokia Asha 501 this evening. Current version on the phone is Asha 11.1.1. The update is only 5.4 MB in size, and brings the following improvements to the device:
– New voice-guided selfie and panorama modes to help you take even better photos.
– Personal online gallery for your photos on OneDrive with up to 7 GB of free storage space.
– The updated Music app lets you enjoy your favourite songs wherever you are with MixRadio. This gives free access to millions of songs.
– Birthdays of people in your social network show up on Fastlane, where you can also keep track of how many times your tweets get re-tweeted.
– Parental controls via passcode to make sure your kids don’t end up on sites they shouldn’t be visiting.
– Power save mode to make your battery last longer.
– General performance and usability improvements, Smart Dual SIM feature, contact groups, and more.
Do you own a 501? Have you updated yours? I will be taking mine for a spin to see how much better it is now.
PS: This software update is available for all versions of the Asha 500, 501, 502, 503 and 230.
Founder of MobilityArena. Yomi’s journey in mobile started in 2001. Besides obsessing over mobile phones, he also started creating WAP sites (early mobile-friendly websites created with HDML/WML). He began writing about phones in 2004 and has been at it since then. He has owned over 200 devices, from Symbian, Palm, PocketPC/Windows Mobile, BlackBerry/BB10, webOS, Windows Phone, Firefox, Ubuntu Touch, to Android, iOS, and KaiOS operating systems.