The Nokia C1 Android 9 Pie smartphone was announced in December 2019. It features a 5.45-inch display, 5 MP selfie camera, 5 MP rear camera, 1 GB RAM, 16 GB internal memory, and a 2500 mAh battery.
Phone Status: Official. The Nokia C1 has been rumoured for years but is now finally official. It is the upgrade to the Nokia 1 and Nokia 1 Plus, and manages to pack more value for less. It does not have a fingerprint scanner, but face recognition is present. HMD Global does not specifiy a brand name but says that the display is protected (from scratches) by toughened glass. This is a novelty among entry-level smartphones.
Nokia C1 Specs and Features
Mobile Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: No.
- 5G mobile network bands: No.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Single and Dual SIM options
- Software / OS: Android 9 Pie (Go Edition)
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: 147.6 x 71.4 x 8.7 mm
- Weight: 155g
- Display: 5.45 inches, 480 x 960 pixels, 18:9 aspect ratio, IPS LCD screen with toughened glass.
- Colours: Red. Charcoal.
- Physical Build: Polycarbonate design.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 1.3 GHz Quad-core, Cortex -A7.
- Processor Name: Unisoc (formerly Spreadtrum) SC7731E
- Graphics Processor: ARM Mali-400 MP2
- RAM: 1 GB
- Internal Storage: 16 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 64 GB (dedicated slot)
Photography, Video Recording
- Rear Camera: 5 MP single camera, f2.4 Aperture, LED flash, 720p@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 5 MP, f2.0 Aperture, LED flash. Face Recognition, 720p@30fps video capture
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Digital Compass: No.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: Yes.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: No.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes; Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS/
- USB: microUSB v2.0.
- NFC: No.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Removable Lithium-Ion 2500 mAh
- Battery Charging: 5V/1A Regular Charging
- Wireless Charging: No.
- Reverse Charging: No.
- Model Number: TA-1165.
Nokia C1 Price and Launch Date
- Announced: December 11, 2019
- Release Date: December 2019
- Country Availability: Nigeria. Kenya. Pakistan.
- Price: $59. The Nokia C1 has a recommended retail price of ₦18,500 in Nigeria and KES 6,000 in Kenya.
Questions and Answers about Nokia C1 phone
You have questions about the long-rumoured C1, and now that it is official, we have answers to your questions.
When did Nokia C1 come out?
The C1 was finally announced on the 11th of December 2019 after years of rumours and supposed leaks.
What is the screen size of Nokia C1?
The phone comes with a 5.45-inch IPS LCD screen that has a resolution of 480 x 960 pixels.
Is Nokia C1 a 3G or 4G phone?
No; the Nokia C1 does not have 4G LTE support. It is a 3G entry-level smartphone.
Does the C1 have a fingerprint scanner?
No; the Nokia C1 does not have a fingerprint scanner, but face recognition is present, so you can unlock it with a glance.
Does Nokia C1 Have face unlock?
The C1 (2019) has Face Unlock.
Does Nokia C1 have Gorilla Glass?
There is no mention of Gorilla Glass in the specs of the Nokia C1 smartphone, but HMD Global says that the screen is protected from scratches by a layer of toughened glass. You can read up more about toughened glass in our article, Gorilla Glass alternatives: other screen protection you should know of.
Does Nokia C1 have quick charging?
No; the C1 does not have quick charging technology.
Is Nokia C1 available in Nigeria? How much does it sell in Nigeria?
The Nokia C1 is available in stores across Nigeria from 3rd week in December 2019 at a recommended retail price of ₦18,500.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
This is incredible value for money. First unveiled in Lagos, Nigeria, it offers the best value for money at the entry- level.
If you are looking for the cheapest smartphone with solid features, along with Nokia’s guarantee of 2 years software updates and 3 years security patches, no other smartphone touches the Nokia C1.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
Nokia C1 Review Rating
Having spent some time with the Nokia C1, our verdict is that this is one of the best entry-level Android smartpohones that you can buy right now. See our Nokia C1 hands-on review.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Nokia C1 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
We love to hear from you - your opinions, insights and experiences with smartphones and other gadgets. Be a part of Mobility Arena's active community by sharing a comment below if comments are enabled for this page.