This morning, Yomi received a call from Nokia. They had a Nokia E7 for him to pick up, making him one of the very first individuals to own that device in the country.
I drove down to Nokia’s Victoria Island office to pick up the device, and it is now here at Mobility Nigeria “towers”. Here are pictures from the unboxing done by yours truly (as Yomi is on holiday). Enjoy.
- the Nokia E7 Communicator
- USB data cable
- USB-on-the-go adapter
- male miniHDMI to female standard HDMI adapter
The E7 is a Symbian device very much after the mold of the N8. They look similar, with some distinct differences. Once I picked it up, I immediately noticed the difference in size and weight (the E7 is slightly bigger). However, for a device with a slide-out keyboard, it is not so thick or bulky.
The silver colour gives off a feeling of class. The hardware QWERTY looks sexy. The impression I get is that typing will be a breeze on it, seeing that the keys are well spaced and have a good feel.
The sliding mechanism is smooth: you push to initiate the opening and the spring mechanism completes the action.
In closing, here are the major advantages of the Nokia E7 over the N8:
- Larger (4.0-inch) and better ClearBlack AMOLED display
- Superb hardware QWERTY keyboard
- Torchlight functionality
- Microsoft Office Communicator Suite
Yomi will be bringing us more detailed information in his usual multi-part reviews. Knowing him, I am betting that he will be drowned in ecstacy when this package gets to him. Ladies and gentlemen – the Nokia E7 Communicator.
Latest posts by Dayo Olutunfese (see all)
- True unlimited mobile data does not exist anywhere (not even in the USA) - September 9, 2015
- These top techies all think that BlackBerry Passport is the best - March 13, 2015
- Mixed Emotions: First Impressions Of the Motorola Moto G - March 8, 2014
- www.cover of nokia e7 . com