It will not be out of place to assume that Nokia’s new X-series is for phones with a notched display. The Nokia X6 has one, and now, the Nokia X5, aka Nokia 5.1 Plus, has one too. In this case, the X5 takes it a notch wider.
As you can see from the image, this phone has a wide notch. You know the saying, “If you have got it, flaunt it”. That seems to be what this is about.
On the inside, Nokia X5 has a 5.86-inch display and a dual 13 + 5 megapixel camera at the back. There are variants with 3GB, 4GB and 6GB of RAM, matched with 32GB or 64GB internal storage.
Nokia X5 / Nokia 5.1 Plus Specifications and Price
Find below the full Nokia X5 specs, features, availability and price.
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 3G: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G: LTE unspecified frequency bands
- SIM Type: Dual Nano-SIM
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Dimensions: 149.5 x 71.9 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 160 g
- Display: 5.86 inches, 720 x 1520 pixels, 18:9 ratio, 2.5D curved, IPS LCD notched display
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity
- Build: Glass + Aluminium
- Colours: Black. Blue. White.
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core 2.0 GHz
- Processor Name: MediaTek Helio P60
- Graphics Processor: Mali-G72 MP3
- RAM: 3GB / 4GB / 6GB
- Internal Storage: 32GB / 64GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128GB
- Rear: Dual 13 megapixels + 5 megapixels, auto-focus, LED flash
- Video recording: 1080 @ 30fps
- Front-facing: 8 megapixels
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Loudspeaker: Mono
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v4.2
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- USB: microUSB v2.0, USB-OTG
- Charging: Regular
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-removable Lithium-Ion 3060mAh
- Announced: July 11, 2018
- Availability: July 19, 2018
Nokia X5 Price
The 3GB/32GB model of the Nokia 5.1 Plus will cost CNY999 (about $150), while the 4GB/64GB model goes for CNY 1,399 ($208).
Where To Buy Nokia X5?
As with the X6, Nokia 5.1 Plus is officially available in China initially, and likely be extended to other countries later. It can also be ordered from online retailers like Suning, JD, Lynx, as well as the official Nokia website.
Nokia X5 / Nokia 5.1 Plus News & Updates
May 19, 2020: HMD Global began a rollout of the Android 10 update to Nokia 5.1 Plus phones in India. The update is expected to extend to other countries shortly after.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the TECNO Spark 4 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Get MobilityArena updates on social media!