You might have multiple apps installed on your phone that can open links. If you have already set a default app for the action, and you need to switch apps without closing your browser, you can open the link with any other compatible app that you want.
Steps To Open Links With Alternative Apps
To open links on your smartphone with an alternative app to the default, follow these instructions.
- Download and install an app called Open Link With. This is for Android users only.
- Grant usage access to the app. You can do this by clicking the Accessibility option in Settings, clicking on Open Link With, then turning it on.
- Now, when you need to switch apps, just tap on the three dots on the top right corner of your screen. Click on Share. It would bring up a list of options, including Open Link With app. When you choose this app, it brings up apps you can open the link with. It’s quick and easy.
If you try this out, do share your experience with us using the comment form below.
Latest posts by EmmyCN (see all)
- Find your iPhone with Apple Watch’s Ping iPhone feature - February 10, 2018
- How to fix iPhone Bluetooth issues - February 6, 2018
- Here are some things to try out on Twitter for Android - December 7, 2017