Our favorite browser on Android, Opera Mini has just received an update, and the most notable feature is a new data compression setting. We all know when we put ON data compression in Opera Mini, the page is slightly distorted. Sometimes too, the images appear smaller than they normally would.
Early reports hint that the trend has changed. Setting it to ‘High’ will preserve the details of your webpage while saving you data. On the other hand, Setting it to “Extreme” is there when all you want is to save as much data as possible.
Here’s the full changelog to the update:
- A “High” savings mode has been added that gives you a full web experience.
- New full screen tab gallery.
- Bookmarks and Saved pages are now fixed entries above the Speed Dial.
- Saved Pages are now listed in a full screen list that shows both title and URL.
- Download improvements.
- Various stability and usability improvements
Download Opera Mini from Google Play Store HERE.
We love to hear from you - your opinions, insights and experiences with smartphones and other gadgets. Be a part of Mobility Arena's active community by sharing a comment below if comments are enabled for this page.