OPPO Reno2 Quick Specs: Android 9 Pie smartphone announced in August 2019. It features a 6.5-inch AMOLED display, Snapdragon 730G chipset, 16 MP shark fin pop-up selfie camera, 48 MP + 8MP + 13 MP + 2 MP quad rear camera, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB internal memory, and a 4000 mAh battery with VOOC Flash Charge 3.0.
Similar to the OPPO Reno 10x Zoom, the OPPO Reno2 has a shark fin style motorised pop-up selfie camera and an under-display fingerprint reader.
OPPO Reno2 Specs and Features
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE 1(2100) / 2(1900) / 3(1800) / 4(1700/2100) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 12(700) / 13(700) / 17(700) / 18(800) / 19(800) / 20(800) / 26(850) / 28(700) / 34(2000) / 38(2600) / 39(1900) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- 5G mobile network bands: No.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Hybrid Dual SIM
- Software / OS: Android 9 Pie + ColorOS 6.1.
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: 160 x 74.3 x 9.5 mm
- Weight: 189 g
- Display: 6.5 inches, 1080 x 2400 pixels,19.5:9 aspect ratio, on-Cell AMOLED screen, with Gorilla Glass 6 protection.
- Colours: Luminous Black. Ocean Blue. Sunset Pink.
- Physical Build: Gorilla Glass 6 Front, Gorilla Glass 5 back around an aluminum frame.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 2.2 GHz Octa-core, Kryo 470 Gold
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 730
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 618
- RAM: 8 GB
- Internal Storage: 256 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB (hybrid slot)
Photography, Video Recording
- Rear Camera: 48 MP main lens + 8 MP long focus + 13 MP wide angle lens + 2 MP bokeh lens quad camera, 20x digital zoom, dual LED flash, up to 4K@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 16 megapixels, shark fin pop-up camera, 1080p@30fps video capture.
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: Dolby Audio. No 3.5 mm audio jack.
- Loudspeaker: Mono.
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Digital Compass: Yes.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: Yes.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): Yes.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes; optical in-display.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes.
- Voice Control: Yes.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes.
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- USB: microUSB v2.0; Typoe-C; USB-OTG
- NFC: Yes.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 4000 mAh
- Battery Charging: 20W VOOC 3.0 fast charging
- Reverse Charging: Yes.
- Announced: August 2019
- Release Date: September 2019
OPPO Reno2 Price and Availability
- Country Availability: China. India. Europe. Africa.
- Launch Price: INR 37,000 ($515/€465). In Nigeria, the recommeded retail price is ₦179,000.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
OPPO Reno2 Review Rating
We are yet to review the OPPO Reno2 and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the OPPO Reno2 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Follow MobilityArena on social media!
We love to hear from you - your opinions, insights and experiences with smartphones and other gadgets. Be a part of Mobility Arena's active community by sharing a comment below if comments are enabled for this page.