OUKITEL is a renowned name for its smartphones with massive batteries, but with the K6000 Plus, OUKITEL went over and above just the battery and we have been excited about taking it for a spin. It is here now and we have our OUKITEL K6000 Plus hands-on article ready. We hope that you will catch some of our excitement too.
OUKITEL K6000 Plus at a glance
- Build: Metal frame.
- Display: 5.5-inch IPS, 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution, 401 PPI, with Asahi Dragontrail protective glass.
- Rear camera: 16 megapixels, f/2.0 aperture, autofocus, dual LED flash.
- Front camera: 8 megapixels.
- OS/Software: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Processing Power: MediaTek 6750T Octa-core CPU (1.5 GHz Cortex-A53), Mali-T860-MP2 GPU.
- Memory: 4 GB of RAM; 64 GB storage; hybrid microSD slot for cards up to 256 GB.
- Battery: Non-removable 6,080 mAh Li-Polymer with 12V/2A fast charge.
- Network: Dual-SIM, 4G LTE
- Miscellaneous: Fingerprint reader.
OUKITEL K6000 Plus Hands-on
The OUKITEL K6000 Plus runs Android 7 Nougat and has a 5.5-inch display, and a MediaTek 6750T Octa-core CPU clocked at 1.5 GHz. There is 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB internal storage – which is an awesome combination. It isn’t every day that one runs into a smartphone with that combination of memory at this price point.
There is an expandable slot for a memory card, but it is a hybrid slot, meaning that you have to trade off one of the dual SIMs. There is a big 6,080 mAh battery with quick charge thrown in. OUKITEL says it is the world’s first 12V/2A fast charge smartphone and that the massive battery will get filled in 1 hour 40 minutes. The fingerprint scanner is located in the hardware home button under the display.
The user interface looks like stock Android 7 Nougat with a custom launcher installed on, and the icons are large and rounded. There is an app drawer in place.
The K6000 Plus loudspeaker won’t win any awards in terms of audio output quality, but it is very loud. The phone supports five 4G LTE bands. However, because it is pretty much stock Android, the K6000 Plus does not let you peg network to 3G only or 4G only.
At a little over 9 mm thickness, the K6000 Plus has more girth than the average phone, but it doesn’t feel bulky in the hand.
OUKITEL K6000 Plus Photos
The OUKITEL K6000 Plus looks and feels like a very solid smartphone that will deliver value for money. Do expect our series of feature articles on performance and benchmark tests, 4G LTE tests, as well as our full review. In the meantime, you can read up the full OUKITEL K6000 Plus specifications. You are welcome to ask any questions you may have about the device as well.