Move over Samsung. Move over, Huawei. Step aside, Moto. Here is a foldable phone that everyone can afford. With just $349, the Pablo Escobar Fold 1 is easilly the most affordable foldable phone of 2019.
If you are tempted to ask me how a foldable phone ended up with the name, Pablo Escobar, please overcome the temptation till you get to the end of this article. For all will be revealed. But what is in a name, really? A rose, by any other name, remains a rose. And so it is that a foldable phone is a foldable phone, though it bears the name of one of the worl’ds greatest drug lords of all time, the late Colombian head of the dreaded Medellín cartel.
The Escober Fold 1 follows the more popular path of being more of a tablet than a phone. It comes in two variants – 128GB storage and 512GB storage. The internal storage is the differentiating factor. Both of them share the rest of the specs, which we have for you below.
Pablo Escobar Fold 1 foldable phone Specifications
- Dimensions: 134 x190.35 x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 320g
- Sensors: Fingerprint Sensor, Ambient light, Proximity, Accelerometer, Multi-axis gyro, Compass, Hall effect sensor, Barometer
- Operating System: Android 9.0
- Display: 7.8-inches Flexible, AMOLED, FHD+ (1920 x 1444 Pixels), 4:3 Aspect Ratio (expanded mode), 308PPI. The display folds outwards in half.
- Color: Black.
- CPU: Octa-Core 2.8GHz
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855, 64-bit Processor
- GPU: Qualcomm Adreno 640
- Camera (dual): 16 Megapixels f/1.8 + 20 Megapixels f/1.8 for Both Selfie & Back Photos, Dual LED Flash, Optical Image Stabilizer
- RAM: 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X
- Internal Memory: 128GB/512GB
- External Memory Supported Up to 256GB
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable, Lithium-Polymer 4,000 mAh
- Battery Charging Standard: 25W fast charging
- Connectivity: USB Type-C, Type-C to 3.5mm Audio Out Port, Power Button, Volume Button, Microphone.
As far as processing power and performance are concerned, it ticks all the right boxes. And the entire package is affordable too. The 128GB ROM variant is priced at $349 only, while the 512GB variant has a price tag of $499. These prices are far below what foldable phones from Samsung, Huawei, Motorola, and others cost.
So, if you want to experience a folding phone without having to donate your kidney or your right leg, the Pablo Escobar Fold 1 is what you should be looking at right now. If you are worried about the durability, so are we. But if you really want a foldable phone in 2019 or 2020, it is a worry you will have to embrace regardless of which manufacturer’s model you go with.
At least, if the Pablo Escobar Fold 1 breaks, it won’t break your heart as much as the more expensive models that cost $2,000 will; right? Small money; small heartbreak. And to sweeten the deal, shipping is free worldwide. Yes; you heard that right.
But how did they pull this off for $349? Is the price subsidised? Here is an advertising video of the Pablo Escobar Fold 1:
What do you think of the phone? Cool? Great? Meh? Want to buy one? Your call. Go to the Escobar Inc website at escobarinc.com.
And if you really must know, the manufacturers of this device are Escobar Inc. and are indeed related to the Colombian druglord, Pablo Escobar. As a matter of fact, the group manages his estate and intellectual property, among other things.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Pablo Escobar Fold 1 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Follow MobilityArena on social media!