Your Android smartphone is usually quite fast when you use it for the first time. However, over time it begins to slow down. When this happens, don’t worry; your phone is probably still working fine. There might just be a few things slowing down your phone. Here are some things to consider if your phone becomes slow:
- First, you need to identify the problem. Is it an app that is causing the problem, or more than one app? Maybe it is the system itself. Trepn Profiler by Qualcomm shows you the real-time CPU load for individual cores, an overview of network traffic for both data and WiFi, GPU loads and RAM usage. Basically this is an app that provides you data about your phone’s operations. You can tell which part of the phone is slowing it down from here.
- One of the things that slow down smartphones is lack of storage space. You might have been accumulating loads of apps and files over time. These apps and files take up needed space on your device. For you to speed up your phone, you need to delete some files and apps. Also, a lot of apps create caches to temporarily store data. This builds up over time. Try clearing your cache to free up space.
- Do you use home screen widgets? These are quite useful. However, they take up memory space. If you have any that you don’t use, disable them.
- Some smartphone launchers have some really nice animations and special effects. These effects make the device look nice, but they slow the phone down. You can check in your launcher’s settings to see if you can disable these animations.
- A lot of times, your phone becomes slow because there are too many apps open at the same time. It makes for easy multitasking, but these apps draw on the memory, and thus slow down the device. You can close apps that you’re no longer using by holding down the home button and swiping away any app you need to close.
- If all else fails, you can restart your device. Hold down the power button, select Restart, and tap OK.
Latest posts by EmmyCN (see all)
- Find your iPhone with Apple Watch’s Ping iPhone feature - February 10, 2018
- How to fix iPhone Bluetooth issues - February 6, 2018
- Here are some things to try out on Twitter for Android - December 7, 2017