One of the things that photography enthusiasts will like about the new Google phones is the Pixel Top shot, a feature that automatically takes multiple shots before and after you press the shutter button, and then allows you to pick the best.
Top Shot can be a really useful tool for users with shaky hands. It uses the age old strategy of taking multiple shots of the subject, so as to increase the chances of getting a good photo. But this time, it is all done for you automatically.
How to Use Pixel Top shot on Google Pixel 3 and 3 XL
Here are the steps to follow to use the Pixel Top Shot feature:
- Open Camera app on your Pixel phone.
- Shoot the object you want to capture.
- Open the photo you took.
- Swipe up the screen and opt to view photo details.
- The phone will display a sequence of photos taken before and after you pressed the shutter, along with a number denoting how many recommended shots the phone has identified.
- Drag your finger horizontally on the strip to inspect the shots, and stop on the one your prefer.
- If you are satisfied with it, tap Save Copy, and that is it.
Pixel Top Shot is your shortcut to photography fame. Just point your Pixel camera at whoever or whatever you want to photograph and it starts taking a series of shots before you hit the Shutter button, as well as after.
Then follow the above steps to pick the best. Of course, you can further edit the photo to even glam it up some more before you upload to Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.