From the assessment of these three previous posts of mine:
- Marshmallow Review of the Infinix Hot 2.
- The Problem of Marshmallow and your MicroSD cards.
- Top 9 Problems of the Infinix Hot 2 and their Solutions.
There’s an issue that has become popular demand with users. My PC no longer recognizes my phone ever since I upgraded to Marshmallow. I hope to address that with this post. If you have recently upgraded to Marshmallow, and your PC can no longer see your phone when plugged, here’s what to do:
- Plug your phone to the PC using a USB cable.
- Swipe down the notification bar on your phone.
- There you will see options to select Charging, MTP, etc.
- If this doesn’t work, try Method 2.
- Step 1: Go to Settings>> Scroll to the bottom to find Developer Options. If it is there, proceed to Step 4
- Step 2: Go to About phone and open it.
- Step 3: Scroll to “Build number” and tap it 7 continuous times when it says “You are now a Developer”, stop and exit.
- Step 4: Go back to the Settings page and enter Developer Options, then you turn the switch ON.
- Step 5: From there you can Select the USB Configuration you want. Easy Pie!! 😎
Please note that this works only on Marshmallow devices. Still feel free to reach out to me if you encounter any issues.