The Redmi Note 7 has been successful and now the Redmi Note 7S has been announced, but don’t get excited about it. It is basically the same phone as the global Note 7. Yes; you read that right.
What do you get when you launch the Redmi Note 7 in India but with a 12 MP dual camera instead of a 48 MP cam like everywhere else, and then decide to launch another model that has a 48 MP camera to pacify Indians?! Yes; the Redmi Note 7S.
I will never understand why smartphone manufacturers enjoy this sort of confusion. All of this would have been unnecessary if the Indian Redmi Note 7 had been the same as everyone else’s Note 7.
What has happened after the Redmi Note 7 launch in India is that Indians have been hunting for the global version, the one with the 48 MP camera. Quite a number of Indians are clearly displeased with the 12 MP + 2 MP camera on the model being sold to them.
Why did Xiaomi think Indians would be happy with a 12 MP dual camera when everyone else in the world got the 48 MP dual camera? And why only India?
Redmi Note 7S specs, features, and price
- Display: 6.3 inches, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19:9 aspect ratio, IPS LCD display, Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
- Build: Aluminium + Gorilla Glass front and back; P2i water repellent nano-coating.
- Colours: Onyx Black. Sapphire Blue. Ruby Red.
- Rear Camera: 48 MP + 5 MP dual camera.
- Front Camera: 13 MP selfie camera.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 clocked at 2.2 GHz
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 512
- RAM: 3 GB / 4 GB
- Storage: 32 GB / 64 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB (hybrid slot)
- Battery: 4000 mAh + 18W fast charging (the included charger in the box is rated 10W only)
- Price: INR 10,999 ($158) for the 3/32GB base model; INR 12,999 ($187) for the 4/64GB variant.
- Availability: From May 23, 2019
And, yes; it has a 3.5mm audio jack. In other words, the Redmi Note 7S is essentially be the same as the Redmi Note 7 global version. The differences are in the colours, if those colours are significantly different in any way.
I don’t understand it. Maybe someone else does. Help me, someone. Please help me.