When setting up your Apple ID, you will be required to create security questions. This is to help you recover your account if you get locked out or you forget your password. However, what do you do if you forget your Apple ID security question? Don’t fear. To reset your Apple ID security question, here are the steps you need to take.
How to reset your Apple ID security question
- You must have set up a rescue email beforehand. If you did, log in to that email account.
- Visit the sign-in page of the Apple ID on any browser. Then sign in. The sign-in page is on https://appleid.apple.com
- Go to Security and confirm if there is a rescue email. If not, you need to add one. After that, click on Change Questions to continue. In the pop-up that comes up, click on Reset Security Questions.
- Now check your rescue email inbox. You should see an email from Apple about reset forgotten Apple ID Security questions. Click on Reset Now, and you will be redirected to the sign-in page. You will be asked for your Apple ID. Sign in when you are prompted.
- After signing in, you can create a new set of questions. When you finish, click on Update at the bottom of the screen.
Note that in some cases, you might need to contact Apple directly to reset your security questions. This is because it is a case personal identity. In this case, an Apple representative will work it out with you.
Latest posts by EmmyCN (see all)
- Find your iPhone with Apple Watch’s Ping iPhone feature - February 10, 2018
- How to fix iPhone Bluetooth issues - February 6, 2018
- Here are some things to try out on Twitter for Android - December 7, 2017