Samsung Galaxy Book 2 aka Samsung Galaxy Book 2018 is a Surface Pro competitor that features Qualcomm Snapdragon 850, Windows 10 OS, 12-inch super AMOLED display, announced October 2018.
The Galaxy Book 2018 is an always-connected Windows 2-in-1 device that can be used in laptop mode or tablet mode. There is an S Pen included for graphics creation.
It runs Windows 10 with S Mode out of the box, but you can upgrade it to a fuller Windows experience. With a Qualcomm Snapdragon 850 chipset and a keyboard plus a rear kickstand, the Samsung Galaxy is built for efficiency and comfort.
The pixel and resolution really brings out the colour properly, giving you that immersive experience while the keyboard can be detached for tablet mode and also doubles as a screen cover.
Samsung Galaxy Book 2018 Specifications
The Galaxy Book 2018 looks like Samsung’s response to the Microsoft Surface Pro.
Design and Appearance:
- 12 inch, 2160 x1440 pixels, super AMOLED display.
- All aluminium silver chassis colour.
- 11.32 x 7.89 x .30 inches dimensions.
- Weight: 1.75 pound.
- Keyboard and S Pen included.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 850 chipset (Quad 2.96GHz + Quad 1.7 GHz).
- 4GB RAM.
- 128GB internal storage.
Photography and Video:
- 8MP rear camera
- 5MP front-facing camera.
- Video – MP4, M4V, 3GP, WMV, ASF, AVI, MKV.
- Audio – MP3, M4A, AAC, WAV, WMA, FLAC.
- Accelerometer, Fingerprint sensor, Gyro sensor, Geomagnetic and Light sensor.
- Gigabit LTE speed for Wifi (Snapdragon x20 LTE Mod Cat. 185CA up to 4×4 MIMO).
- Wireless Connectivity – 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4+5GHz VHT80 MIMO.
- Micro USD slot and USB Type-Cx2.
- Dolby Atmos support speakers.
- 2 AKG-turned speakers.
- 3.5mm Headphone Jack.
The Samsung Galaxy Book 2018 also boasts a 20-hour battery on a single day, as well as adaptive fast charging. In other words, you can work all day long without worrying about running out of battery power.
Microsoft says that the Qualcomm Snapdragon 850 chipset coupled with 4GB RAM ensure better performance and smoother multi-tasking. That 4GB RAM seems inadequate though. But time will tell.
Microsoft Surface Pro Competitor
The Galaxy Book 2018 is clearly playing in the same field as the which puts it in the same category as the Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Google Pixel Slate, and Spectre Folio. This Surface Pro competitor offers much of what those other devices have and for less. That is an interesting proposition.
The Samsung Galaxy Book 2018 is priced at $1000 was announced on October 18. Availability is from November 2nd 2018.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.