This page provides information about Samsung Galaxy S8 Microsoft Edition.
When we first heard of the Samsung Galaxy S8 Microsoft Edition, our hearts skipped a beat. What? Is Samsung going to put Windows 10 in the S8? But the name should have told us otherwise. Thinking of it now, if that was the plan, the device would have been called “Samsung Galaxy S8 Windows Edition”; wouldn’t it? So, what is the Samsung Galaxy S8 Microsoft Edition all about?
Simply put, it is the same Samsung Galaxy S8 but with Microsoft apps pre-installed and given prime place on the homescreen. So, expect to see Cortana, Outlook, Office, Skype and OneDrive, Skype, Office, One Note, Bing, and Groove. Will you be able to uninstall these apps? We do not have word on that yet, but if Microsoft and Samsung are going through the pains to market this special edition, your guess is as good as ours.
So, this S8 will have three email clients and three virtual assistants. Did somebody say, bloat?
The Galaxy S8 Microsoft Edition will be available from April 21 from Microsoft Store in the USA. Perhaps this will be a US-only project. We shall see.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Microsoft Edition Specifications
Wireless Network and Software
- GSM: GSM
- 3G: HSDPA
- 4G: LTE Frequency Bands 1(2100) / 2(1900) / 3(1800) / 4(1700/2100) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 12(700) / 13(700) / 17(700) / 18(800) / 19(800) / 20(800) / 25(1900) / 26(850) / 28(700) / 38(2600) / 39(1900) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- SIM Type: Nano SIM – Single and dual SIM variants
- OS: Android OS v7.0 Nougat + Microsoft apps pre-installed
- Dimensions: 148.9 x 68.1 x 8 mm
- Weight: 155 g
- Display: 5.8-inch 1440 x 2560 pixels, 568 PPI, Super AMOLED Curved display, Always-on display, with Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Build: Aluminum body + Corning Gorilla Glass 5 back panel + IP68 certified – dust proof and water resistant over 1.5 meter and 30 minutes
- Colours: Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Arctic Silver, Coral Blue, Maple Gold
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Iris, Accelerometer, Proximity, gyro, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core 2.45 GHz
- Processor Name: Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 or Exynos 8890, depending on region
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 540 / Mali-T880 MP12
- RAM: 4 GB / 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB / 128 GB
- External Storage: MicroSD card up to 256 GB (dedicated in single SIM variant)
- Cloud Storage: 115 GB OneDrive
- Rear: Dual 12 megapixel, f/1.7, 26mm, autofocus, OIS, LED flash, HDR
- Video recording: dual-video rec., 2160p @ 60 fps
- Front-facing: 8 megapixel, Auto HDR
- Music Support: mp3, aac, aac+, eaac+, amr
- Audio: Regular
- Loudspeaker: Stereo
- Video Support: mpeg4, h.263, h.264
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v4.0
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- USB: microUSB v3.1; USB-C
- Microsoft Apps: Cortana, Outlook, Office, Skype and OneDrive, Skype, and Office
- Payment: Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified)
- Charging: Adaptive Fast Charging
- Battery: Non-removable Li-ion 3,000 mAh
- Announced: March 29, 2017
- Availability: April 21, 2017
- Smartphone Price: $750 / €809
For more Samsung mobile price and specification resources, do not forget to check our Samsung Specifications archives.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.
Founder of MobilityArena. Yomi’s journey in mobile started in 2001. Besides obsessing over mobile phones, he also started creating WAP sites (early mobile-friendly websites created with WML). He began writing about phones in 2004 and has been at it since then. He has owned over 200 devices, from Symbian, Palm, PocketPC/Windows Mobile, BlackBerry/BB10, webOS, Windows Phone, Firefox, Ubuntu Touch, to Android, iOS, and KaiOS operating systems.