This page provides information about Samsung Galaxy S8 Specifications, features, availability, and price.
The Galaxy S8 is perhaps 2017’s most anticipated smartphone – and it looks like it is worth all the excitement. It has a 5.8-inch curved display packed into an aluminum body the size of smaller displays, water and dust resistance, fingerprint scanner and more.
The tasteful edge-to-edge design of the phone is a breath of fresh air, giving it a very sleek appearance. Samsung calls the screen “Infinity Display”. There is also fast charging built-in.
Besides the rear-mounted fingerprint sensor (which is oddly-placed right net to the camera lens, if we are being honest), there is also iris recognition, so you can unlock the phone with your eyes.
We are looking at a full package in the Galaxy S8. This sure looks like the smartphone to beat this year.
Have a look at the rest of the Samsung Galaxy S8 Specifications below.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Specifications
Wireless Network and Software
- GSM: GSM
- 3G: HSDPA
- 4G: LTE 1(2100) / 2(1900) / 3(1800) / 4(1700/2100) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 12(700) / 13(700) / 17(700) / 18(800) / 19(800) / 20(800) / 25(1900) / 26(850) / 28(700) / 38(2600) / 39(1900) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- SIM Type: Nano SIM – Single and dual SIM variants
- OS: Android OS v7.0 Nougat + Grace UI
- Dimensions: 148.9 x 68.1 x 8 mm
- Weight: 155 g
- Display: 5.8-inch 1440 x 2560 pixels, 568 PPI, Super AMOLED Curved display, Always-on display, with Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Build: Aluminum body + Corning Gorilla Glass 5 back panel + IP68 certified – dust proof and water resistant over 1.5 meter and 30 minutes
- Colours: Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Arctic Silver, Coral Blue, Maple Gold
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Iris, Accelerometer, Proximity, gyro, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core 2.45 GHz
- Processor Name: Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 or Exynos 8890, depending on region
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 540 / Mali-T880 MP12
- RAM: 4 GB / 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB / 128 GB
- External Storage: MicroSD card up to 256 GB (dedicated in single SIM variant)
- Cloud Storage: 115 GB OneDrive
- Rear: Dual 12 megapixel, f/1.7, 26mm, autofocus, OIS, LED flash, HDR
- Video recording: dual-video rec., 2160p @ 60 fps
- Front-facing: 8 megapixel, Auto HDR
- Music Support: mp3, aac, aac+, eaac+, amr
- Audio: Regular
- Loudspeaker: Stereo
- Video Support: mpeg4, h.263, h.264
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v4.0
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- USB: microUSB v3.1; USB-C
- Payment: Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified)
- Charging: Adaptive Fast Charging
- Battery: Non-removable Li-ion 3,000 mAh
- Announced: March 29, 2017
- Availability: April 21, 2017
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Price: $750 / €809
For more Samsung mobile price and specification resources, do not forget to check our Samsung Specifications archives.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.
Founder of MobilityArena. Yomi’s journey in mobile started in 2001. Besides obsessing over mobile phones, he also started creating WAP sites (early mobile-friendly websites created with WML). He began writing about phones in 2004 and has been at it since then. He has owned over 200 devices, from Symbian, Palm, PocketPC/Windows Mobile, BlackBerry/BB10, webOS, Windows Phone, Firefox, Ubuntu Touch, to Android, iOS, and KaiOS operating systems.