nTEl is finally here. They started off selling SIM cards in Abuja before it became available in other locations. This Nairalander got his SIM, shared his thoughts and it caught my interest. His handle is Fabre4 and this what he had to say about nTEL.
Yesterday I decided to go and Register my ntel lime in order to be among the 1st 100,000 that would make calls free for life, but when I went there I found out that what ntel sim was really about and seriously 95%of people don’t know what this ntel is all about . So am going to throw it down as point for easy reading and understanding:
- The sim is only for 4g phones with LTE technology.
- You can only register one simcard with one ID, I.e if you reserved for lines you would have to go with 4 different IDs
- This network is for the rich and those who are conversant with 4g technology.
- In this network you would make fewer voice calls than normal cause the minutes you can call is attached to the data you buy.
- The 100,000 that will make call free for life will make the free calls only within themselves.
So before you go to get your ntel sim ask yourself, Is it worth the stress? Believe me, you are going to spend a lot of time on your feet.
After reading this? I thought debunk some of his assertions and clarify some other misconceptions:
For his first point, It is true that you need a 4G enabled device to use the network. Such devices aren’t so common. Some high end phones come with 4G, but it’s only recently that the likes of TECNO and Infinix started adding 4G capabilities to their phones.
The second point is probably true, but he got it wrong. Is nTEL just for the rich? The available data plans for nTEL listed HERE clearly offers much more value than what is obtainable with other networks. My issue would be with their network speeds and stability. N1000 for 3 days unlimited browsing isn’t so bad, at least for a start.
Finally, the talk of making fewer voice calls than normal because it is attached to the data. I wonder, is the data not unlimited? Why should I be botherd if the calls also consume data?
Has anyone here gotten the SIM? Do share your experiences too.