One of the best things about Amazon’s Kindle is the ever-expanding library. At the last count, the Kindle Store had more than 6 million books, magazines and newspapers. You can help your friends get these books on a Kindle quite easily. Amazon makes it easy to share Kindle books with family, friends, and your closest acquaintances. Here’s how it is done:
HOW TO SHARE KINDLE BOOKS WITH FAMILY
Family library lets up to two adults and four children share all or some of their Kindle books, apps and audiobooks with one another. Sharing books can be a bit of a process, though. Before you can begin sharing Kindle books with family, you need to grant other family members access to your Family Library. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to Manage Your Content and Devices on your Amazon account.
- Under the Settings tab, in the Households and Family Library section, click on Invite an Adult/Invite a Child button, then have the other adult/child enter their Amazon email and password.
- Click Yes to allow both your account and the other person’s account to share payment methods.
- Choose which books you’d like to share with the other person, then let them do the same for you. After that, click Finish.
Now, you can share Kindle books with any member of your family on your Family Library. Here is how you do it:
- Go to the manage Your Content and Devices section of your Amazon account.
- Select the Show Family Library link from the Your Content tab
- Select the books you want to share with a family member, then click Add to Library.
- Choose a family member, then click OK.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD A KINDLE BOOK FROM A FAMILY LIBRARY
Once you receive a book from another family member, you can get it on any device of your choice. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to the Manage Your Content and Devices section of your Amazon account.
- Choose the books you want to send to your device or app, then click Deliver.
- Select where the books should be sent to from the pop-up menu, then click Deliver again.