It is no longer news that the Android One program is a move by Google to provide affordable phones for developing markets. Unfortunately, through many inconsistencies, Google has faltered in their implementation of the program. Nevertheless, Google has partnered with Sharp to announce a new Android One phone in Japan. Let’s welcome the Sharp 507SH.
Sharp 507SH Quick Specs
Here’s a brief rundown of its specs:
- IPX5 water- and dust-resistant (without port covers).
- 13 MP rear camera.
- 5-inch IGZO LCD display at 720p, and 293 PPI.
- 3,010 mAh battery (reportedly lasting for 3 days of use).
- Octa-core ARM processor, 2GB of RAM and 16 GB internal storage with a microSD card slot.
- Bright blue, white, and black colours.
- Support for VoLTE and other Japanese specific cellular networks/TV services.
For now it would be launched in Japan, through local carrier, Y! Mobile. There’s no information on price yet, but looking at its features, we should expect the range of $200 – $300. What are your thoughts on this device? Voice out in the comments section.