If Neo Rantele had been told his Power bank would literally catch fire on his body, he might have laughed it off as a joke. But then, this very thing happened to him.
On his Facebook page he shared his ordeal with pictures. The power bank in question suddenly caught fire and burnt through his trousers. He was lucky to escape with minor bruises on his thigh.
His status read thus:
I am still in shock. I was literally set alight and on fire by my power bank in my pocket. I said it in the morning.. I am with God and his favour. Could have been worse but luckily I escaped with a minor burn on my thigh. Guys be careful with these power banks with your cellphones. They literally catch fire.
This goes to teach us some lessons. Please do not use power banks close to your body like in pockets. You are better off with them in a bag.
We love to hear from you - your opinions, insights and experiences with smartphones and other gadgets. Be a part of Mobility Arena's active community by sharing a comment below if comments are enabled for this page.