If you are in the market to shop for a new smartphone at this time of the year and battery life is your most important need, we have compiled this list of smartphones with longest battery life for your convenience. This list is not exhaustive, as there are tons of smartphones out there with long battery life. But the phones listed here are the cream of the crop that you can likely find easily.
Five smartphones with longest battery life
We have five smartphones for you to have a look at. See which is your cup of tea.
- Infinix Note 3 (review / Specifications). The Note 3 has a 6-inch display and a 4,500 mAh battery. It is perfect for those who like it big.
- Gionee Marathon M5 Plus (Specifications). The Marathon M5 Plus is as big as the Infinix Note 3, and packs an even beefier battery – 5,020 mAh. Another hulking workhorse.
- Xiaomi Redmi 3S (Specifications / Hands On and Unboxing). What you have here is a 5-inch display, 2GB RAM and a 4,100 mAh battery. It is a fair balance between handiness, performance and battery life.
- BLU Studio Energy (Feature Article). This is not so popular, but a 5,000 mAh battery, a 5-inch display and 1 GB of RAM means that this is the perfect phone of the average user who wants marathon battery life.
- Lastly, if you can get your hands on the Infinix Hot 2 (Specifications / Review) and its optional 5,000 battery, you have got it made. Last time we checked (3 months ago), the battery was spotted in India, so our Indian readers should be able to snap it up easy.
These work tools will keep you going when others have given up. Charge any of the above fully and go about your day without a care. In some cases, they will take you beyond a day. Some of the above listed devices also double as power banks (meaning you can charge your other phones off them), so these guys aren’t playing at all.
Other Smartphones With Longest Battery Life
If you would like to explore other smartphones that have very good battery life, you should check out these brands and maybe even have a look at our 2015 list of smartphones best battery life. Some of the phones listed there are still very much in the game.
Founder of MobilityArena. Yomi’s journey in mobile started in 2001. Besides obsessing over mobile phones, he also started creating WAP sites (early mobile-friendly websites created with WML). He began writing about phones in 2004 and has been at it since then. He has owned over 200 devices, from Symbian, Palm, PocketPC/Windows Mobile, BlackBerry/BB10, webOS, Windows Phone, Firefox, Ubuntu Touch, to Android, iOS, and KaiOS operating systems.