Did you know that some Android smartphones do not have Gmail, Google Contacts and Google Calendar sync pre-installed? This means that after the usual initial setup, you will be unable to access your Gmail emails and you will have some issues with synchronising your Google Contacts and Calendar/s. This does not apply to forked versions of Android only. Some smartphones running Android OS proper have this issue. Here is what to do to remedy the situation:
- Install Gmail from Play Store: run it to access your Google email.
- Install CardDAV Sync free from Play Store: run it and set it up. This will allow you synchronise your Google Contacts with the device. When setting CardDAV up, do not select “One-Way-Sync” in the options presented.
- Install Google Calendar: run it and go to Settings to activate your Google account. Your Gogle Calendar will synchronise right away.
Don’t forget to bookmark this page for easy reference should you ever run into this situation. DO tell your friends too!
Latest posts by MobilityArena InfoDesk (see all)
- 8 Energizer feature phones announced; will run KaiOS - February 20, 2019
- TECNO Pouvoir 2 Air – All you wanted to know - February 20, 2019
- OPPO to license VOOC flash charge technology to other manufacturers - February 19, 2019