Yesterday, a client of mine had received a new BlackBerry v7.1 smartphone as an early Valentine’s Day gift from her lover. She was using a much older BlackBerry running v5.0 and needed to switch to the new device. Fortunately for her, BlackBerry Desktop software has a feature named Device Switch built in. This feature makes switching from one BlackBerry smartphone to another a seamless, hassle-free exercise.
Here is the process:
– Launch BlackBerry Desktop Software
– Connect your current phone
– On BlackBerry Desktop Software, select Device Switch
– Let the Desktop Software back the device up
– Disconnect your current device and connect the replacement device
– BlackBerry Desktop transfers your data to your new device
At the end of the exercise, EVERYTHING was properly copied over from the current device to the new one. Contacts, calendar entries, BBM Contacts and chats, email accounts…. everything. Now, I am wondering if this feature will work for switching between older generation BlackBerry smartphones to new BlackBerry 10 devices. Hopefully, we shall find out soon.
Oh! And if you’re into mushy love and all that, HAPPY VALENTINE’s DAY!!!! I just wish I had a lover who would buy me a Val gift too. The Mercedes-Benz E-Class. I hear there’s a Valentine’s special offer starting at N8.9 million. Only.
Latest posts by Mister Mobility (see all)
- Soda S2 Review - February 18, 2019
- Does Samsung S9 Plus perform better with Android Pie? - February 17, 2019
- This brand offers the best value for money smartphone in Nigeria - February 15, 2019