Once upon a time, I was a fan of custom firmware (or ROMs). Not any more. However, the news of Delight custom firmware for the mentioned Symbian OS phones has me longing to flash a phone again. Usually, custom firmwares are independent attempts to improve on the stock OS. Delight brings the following improvements to Symbian:
- more built-in disk space available to the user
- more RAM
- improved music player with louder volume and more equaliser options
- more homescreens
- bloatware removed from OS (includes: Nokia Social, F-Secure, Youtube, Nokia Music, Joikuspot Lite, Microsoft Communicator, NFC tutorial, Adobe Reader, Quickoffice reader, Cpix and Bouncing boing battle, among others.)
- new widget skins
- Delight Theme
- Delight conversation skin
- Delight exclusive apps (Resolver, Backup, Restore, Updater and more)
- special UI effects
Delight custom firmware is available for only the Nokias C7, N8 and 808 PureView. If you still own one of those and you feel adventurous, visit the Delight Custom Firmware website for more information and to get started.
We love to hear from you - your opinions, insights and experiences with smartphones and other gadgets. Be a part of Mobility Arena's active community by sharing a comment below if comments are enabled for this page.