Espoo, Finland – The Nokia N8, Nokia’s latest smartphone, intuitively connects to the people, places and services that matter most. With the Nokia N8, people can create compelling content, connect to their favorite social networks and enjoy on-demand Web TV programs and Ovi Store apps. Available in select markets during the third quarter of 2010, the estimated retail price of the Nokia N8 is EUR 370, before applicable taxes or subsidies.
The Nokia N8 introduces a 12 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics, Xenon flash and a large sensor that rivals those found in compact digital cameras. Additionally, the Nokia N8 offers the ability to make HD-quality videos and edit them with an intuitive built-in editing suite. Doubling as a portable entertainment center, people can enjoy HD-quality video with Dolby Digital Plus surround sound by plugging into their home theatre system. The Nokia N8 enables access to Web TV services that deliver programs, news and entertainment from channels like CNN, E! Entertainment, Paramount and National Geographic. Additional local Web TV content is also available from the Ovi Store.
Social networking is second nature to the Nokia N8. People can update their status, share location and photos, and view live feeds from Facebook and Twitter in a single app directly on the home screen. Calendar events from social networks can also be transferred to the device calendar.
The Nokia N8 comes with free global Ovi Maps walk and drive navigation, guiding people to places and points of interest in more than 70 countries worldwide.
Symbian^3 in action
Powering the Nokia N8 is Symbian ^3, the latest edition of the world’s most used smartphone software, which introduces several major advances, including support for gestures such as multi touch, flick scrolling and pinch-zoom. The Nokia N8 also offers multiple, personalizable homescreens which can be loaded with apps and widgets. The new 2D and 3D graphics architecture in the platform takes full advantage of the Nokia N8’s hardware acceleration to deliver a faster and more responsive user interface. Symbian^3 also raises the bar in performance by delivering greater memory management allowing more applications to run in parallel for a faster multi-tasking experience.
- Dimensions: 113.5 x 59.12 x 12.9 mm
- Weight: 135g
- OS: Symbian^3
- 3.5 inch capacitive widescreen display; 640 × 360 pixel resolution
- 3.5mm audio jack
- HDMI out port (using the supplied cable)
- Micro-USB connector, High-Speed USB 2.0
- USB On-the-Go: plug in a USB flash drive
- Bluetooth v2.1 including support for stereo headsets
- 802.11 b/g/n WiFi
- FM transmitter
- FM radio
- Integrated GPS with A-GPS
- BL-4D 1200mAh battery
- 680 MHz ARM11 processor with accelerated Open GL 2
- 256 MB RAM
- 135mb internal storage, 16GB mass memory
- Up to 32 GB of additional storage with an external microSD card
- Web Browser with FlashLite support
- Web TV
- MP4 Video recording at HD 720p – up to 25frames per sec
- Video playback file formats: H.264, MPEG-4, VC-1, H.263, Real Video 10, ON2 VP6, Flash video
- 12 megapixel camera, Xenon flash, Carl Zeiss optics
- Live updates from Facebook, Twitter, and RenRen pushed right to your home screen
- Ovi Maps application