TECNO Camon CM is TECNO Mobile’s first smartphone with edge-to-edge (bezel-less) display with 18:9 aspect ratio. As such, TECNO is able to pack in a big 5.7 inches screen in a phone the size of phones with traditional 5-inches displays.
The Camon CM is slightly less powerful than its older sibling, TECNO Camon CX (specs here), and it also costs a little less, so all is fair. Do not worry about it being less powerful though; you won’t notice the difference in most situations and use cases.
Both front and rear cameras are rated at 13 megapixels. Internal storage is 16GB. If you capture and download lots of videos and heavy images, you may need a memory card to complement that internal storage.
Android 8 Oreo is the latest version of Android at the time of launching the Camon CM, but TECNO has released it with Android 7 Nougat. Nougat is still up-to-date enough and you will have no trouble with apps that you install from Google Play Store.
There is a rear-located fingerprint scanner, as well as 4G LTE for fast mobile internet. With a 3,000mAh battery, you should have no trouble with the battery running out of power within a few hours. TECNO is silent about fast charging though, so we can safely assume that it is not built in. Again, we can see why the Camon CX costs much more. It has more to offer.
The TECNO Camon CM is a beautiful phone. It is a great choice for those looking to upgrade from their TECNO C9, TECNO C7, and TECNO J8 and who do not want to spend more than N50,000 on a new smartphone. It cost about N47,000 at launch.
TECNO Camon CM Specifications and Price
If you are interested in the more technical details, find below the full TECNO Camon CM (CMore) specs, features, availability and price.
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 900 / 1800 MHz
- 3G: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G: LTE Frequency Bands 3(1800) / 7(2600) / 20(800) / 40(2300)
- SIM Type: Dual Micro-SIM
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Dimensions: 152.5 x 71.7 x 7.75 mm
- Weight: 132g
- Display: 5.7 inches, 720 X 1440 pixels, 18:9 ratio, IPS LCD display
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Accelerometre, Proximity
- Build: Metallic
- Colours: Black. White.
- Processor Type: 64-bit Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A53
- Processor Name: MediaTek MT6737
- Graphics Processor: ARM Mali-T760
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal Storage: 16GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128GB
- Rear: 13 megapixels, f/2.0 aperture, auto-focus, Quad-LED flash
- Video recording: 1080p @ 30fps
- Front-facing: 13 megapixels, f/2.0 aperture, LED flash
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Loudspeaker: Mono
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v4.2
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- USB: microUSB v2.0
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Ion 3000mAh
- Announced: January 9, 2018
- Availability: January 15, 2018
- Smartphone Price: $130 / NGN47,000
- What 4G LTE Networks Does TECNO Camon CM Support?
- TECNO Camon i Specs
- Would You Buy TECNO Camon CM? Take the Quiz
- Buy Your Smartphone In 3 Monthly Instalments
- Bad Weed Alert: “TECNO Camon CM Is Better Than Pixel 2 XL”
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.
- how to root tecno camon cm
- does camon cm has a gprs?
- tecno edge
- tecno cm edge
- tecno edge phones