TECNO Pop 5 Pro is an entry-level Android phone with modest specifications that include IPX2 splash resistance. Surprise. That isn’t something you see often in a smartphone at this price range.
It has a 6.52-inch, 720 x 1600 pixels display and runs TECNO’S custom user interface, HiOS, version 7.6, which is based on Android 11. Usually, we see Android Go Edition on phones with 2GB RAM and lower, but this model has 3GB RAM despite running Go Edition of Android 11. That should translate to smoother performance, all things being equal.
TECNO POp 5 Pro Specifications
- 6.52-inch FHD+, 720 x 1600 pixels display,
- IPX2 splash resistant, plastic frame and back cover.
- HiOS 7.6, based on Android 11 (Go Edition)
- MediaTek Helio A22 (12nm) chipset
- PowerVR GE8320 GPU (Graphics Processing Unit)
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage.
- microSD card slot
- 5MP selfie camera
- 8MP rear camera, with dual-LED flash.
- 6,000 mAh battery.
- Dual SIM
- 3.5mm audio jack.
- FM Radio.
- Colours: Atlantic Blue, Ice Blue, Ocean
It is a bummer that there is no official mention of fast charging, as that would a nice icing on the cake. Still, the Pop 5 Pro supports USB-on-the-go, so you can plug in USB accessories, as well as utilise the massive 6000mAh battery as a power bank to charge other gadgets.
TECNO Pop 5 Pro: Price and Availability
TECNO Pop 5 Pro is available immediately in India for INR 8,499 (about $114) from retailers in the country. It is also likely to show up in Nigeria (for around ₦50,000), Ghana, Kenya, and other countries in Asia and Africa.
- Don’t miss our reviews.
- Join our WhatsApp Group, to be notified of the most important articles and deals,
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.