Have you ever thought of a phone that has a cloud based storage? A phone that seamlessly expands its storage online, making sure you always have space on your device. The Nextbit Robin learns your app usage patterns and accesses the space you need. It then offloads the stuff you don’t use to the cloud. This includes pictures, videos and apps. You can recall them by simply re-downloading.
Robin (by default) uploads the data when you’re connected to power and Wi-Fi, and the settings can be changed as you deem fit. Here’s a brief run down of its specifications:
- Stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 5.2-inch 1080 x 1920 pixel display.
- Snapdragon 808 processor.
- 3 GB RAM/32 GB internal storage /100 GB free cloud storage.
- 13 MP Auto focus camera, dual tone flash and 5 MP front camera.
- Dual front facing speakers, NFC, Fingerprint sensor.
- 2680 mAh battery.
The device is slated to be manufactured by Foxconn, and hopefully will be available by early 2016. For further details, check out their Kickstarter page on the source link.