What do you do when your phone won’t turn on? It goes without saying that sometimes your smartphone will fail you utterly, and the worst thing it can do is not turn on at all. There are certain things that could result in a dead phone. Here are some things to consider:
- The battery could be completely flat. You need to charge it as soon as you can if this is the case. Note that sometimes when you suffer a dead phone, you might need to charge it for a few minutes before turning it on.
- There is the possibility that the phone is actually on, but the display is not working. To make sure, try to force the phone to shut down by holding down the power button. Then try to turn it back on. If you feel a vibration, it means that your smartphone has a damaged screen. In this case, you need to take it for repairs.
- Your phone won’t turn on if you recently dropped it in water. If this is the case, take your phone to the repair shop, or replace it outright.
- Your smartphone might be having software issues, which make it malfunction before it finally goes off for good. You need to change the firmware. Also, you can try a factory reset.
- Your battery might be damaged. This happens over time, so you might not notice it at first. But when your battery gets severely damaged, your phone will not turn on. Get a new battery as soon as possible.
- Sometimes your phone will stay off for no apparent reason. In this case, your phone might be perfectly fine, with just a dead battery. Your charger might be the problem, or it could be your wall socket. Try another charger, cable or wall socket before you can definitely blame your phone.