Life can be funny. Some years ago, it was a fan war between TECNO and Samsung, with the latter on the receiving end. Today, there is a new battle raging on the streets – that between fans of TECNO and fans of its cousin, Infinix Mobility. It is no holds barred and this time, it is TECNO at the receiving end.
No surprises. Nigeria is a price conscious market, and when a brand that cut its teeth catering to the grassroots now attempts to break free of that image, it is bound to face some backlash from that base.
Much of the fight is emotional with very little or no empirical evidence provided. Sifting through the jabs, we managed to summarise both camps’ positions. Here is what Infinix fans are saying about TECNO:
- Infinix has better design and looks cooler than Tecno
- TECNO is annoying by comparing their products with high end devices like Samsung and Apple.
- the annoying activities of Tecno agents on many websites are a huge turn off
- TECNO phones don’t last long (reliability)
TECNO fans retort with these:
- in camera quality, TECNO beats Infinix hands down
- TECNO remains the most buyable mobile brand in Nigeria
- there is no harm in comparing phones
As usual, it makes for interesting entertainment. Your thoughts?