Once in while, we get to see smartphones and tablets with very outrageous price tags. Whether or not they justify their price tags is subjective and is a story for another day. The Panasonic tablet under feature today is insanely expensive with a price tag of $2189.
Why is a tablet from Panasonic this expensive? For starters, the Panasonic Toughpad FZ-A2 was built for challenging working conditions. Think of road construction, mining, factories etc.
Panasonic Toughpad FZ-A2 Specs
Here’s a brief run down of specs for this tablet:
- 2.4Ghz Intel Atom x5-Z8550 chip.
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- 4GB RAM/ 32 GB inbuilt with SD card support.
- Wifi Only.
- 120cm shock resistant.
- 10.1″ IPS display.
- MIL-STD-810G certification/IP65 rating for dust and water protection.
- Barcode Reader/Smart Card Reader.
- USB 3.0/ USB 3.1 Type C OTG/ HDMI ports with flexible configuration.
The touch screen is sensitive enough to work when pressed with gloves on. The battery is user-replaceable, and can last for 9 hours. From all indications, this tablet was built for specialized use. Let’s hope it can actually survive some real life battering.