The Infinix Hot 2 is one of the most impressive budget android smartphones we’ve seen in Nigeria for the year 2015. Why so? The phone is an Android One device. Looking at the spec vs price angle, there are few devices that come close. After going through various complaints from people and threads in Nairaland, I’ve decided to compile the most common problems of Infinix Hot 2 and proffer solutions for them.
Before we proceed, Here are things you should know:
- The Infinix Hot 2 runs stock Android. This is very different from what you see on the regular android smartphones you’ve used or seen before. This phone runs raw Android – just the way founding fathers made it to be – without any extra customization. You should have this at the back of your mind.
- You need to set up your Gmail account before using this phone. You can’t do much on this phone if you don’t do that immediately after purchase. Simply login (if you already have an account) or create a new one.
Now back to the common problems and their solutions.
Common problems of Infinix Hot 2 and their solutions
Problem 1: I can’t see a file manger
One of the problems of Infinix Hot 2 is that of users not being able to see a file manager. After signing in with your Gmail account, the first thing you need to do is run to Google Play Store, and download a file manager. Es File Explorer is highly recommended.
Problem 2: I can’t use a custom song as ringtone
When you notice you can’t set a song as ringtone, then next thing is, use your ES File Explorer, navigate to the song you want, and set that as your ringtone.
Problem 3: I can’t find any gallery
The Infinix Hot 2 actually has a gallery app called Google Photos. Though, I’ll admit, the app looks weird and different from what we’re used to. To fix the problem, run along to Google Play Store and download Quick Pic. It is a lightweight and fast gallery app. Highly recommended.
Problem 4: I can’t play videos
If you can’t find a good video player on your phone, again Quick Pic is decent. For a more rounded experience, go ahead to Google Play Store and download MX Player.
Problem 5: The phone doesn’t have HSDPA
So because the phone shows 3G on the network signal bar (instead of H+), you people have concluded the phone doesn’t have HSDPA. If you dig around Setting -> About section, you’ll clearly see where it is shown. The phone has HSDPA. However, if you need to be able to see it reflected as an icon in the status bar, you can still go farther, by rooting, install Xposed Framework and Gravity Box, then set it up to write H+ on the status bar.
Problem 6: My launcher suddenly changed to vertical scrolling
If you notice that the launcher suddenly changed to vertical scrolling, don’t be afraid. What really happened is that you updated it. The latest update to Google Now launcher changed it from horizontal to vertical scrolling of the app drawer. So if you don’t like it, go to Google Play Store, and download Nova launcher HERE, then customize it as you please.
- Most of the problems you experience with this phone is because you’re on a Guest Account. Yes. During initial setup most of us mistakenly put ourselves in guest account. This means the phone sees you as a guest. Hence, it restricts your use of the phone. Please make sure you are not on a guest account, if you’re on it, reset your phone to factory settings.
- PLEASE DO NOT ROOT THIS PHONE!! If you do, updating becomes and issue. How to resolve the problem is explained on this article here.
Problem 7: I can no longer see my 2nd SIM as option when I want to make a call
When on the Phone menu, go to Options (it’s a 3-dot menu) on the top right hand of the screen. Select Settings > Calling accounts > When Call Ask First.
From there, you can set it to show both SIM cards.
Problem 8: After upgrading to Marshmallow, All my saved Contacts now show just numbers
If your Call log is not showing contacts;
- Go to Settings> Accounts>Google>
- Click the 3-dot menu on the top right hand side and,
- Remove the account.
- After a while you add it back by logging in again to your Gmail, it will be fixed.
Problem 9: After upgrading to Marshmallow, I can’t access my Memory Card, and my PC no longer recognize my phone
Google has changed the way memory cards work on Android 6.0 I explained everything HERE. You have to format your SD card with the phone before your files can show on it. Please ignore the message that tells you to setup your SD card.
To access your phone through PC, plug in your phone, when it’s charging, Open your phone and swipe down the notification bar (you will notice the default is “Charging Only”), change it to MTP or USB storage, and it will show.
- infinix hot 2 problems and solutions
- infinix hot 2 problems
- infinix x510 power problem
- infinix hot 2 battery problem
- infinix note 2 problems and solutions
- infinix x510 power solution
- infinix x 510 is not working
- infinix hot x510 how to open
- which app makes my infinix hot 2 camera clearer
- infinix x510 freezing, showing blank screen solution
- factory setting through guest user on infinix
- infinix hot mini 2 loosing memory
- infinix hot 2 3g problem
- infinix hot s problems
- my infinix hot v2 is slow in browsing
- pictures taken with infinix smart 2
- why is infinix hot-v2 not showing 3g network during browsing?
- www. my infinix x510 is always hot when browsing. i need help.com
- infinix x510 backlight solution
- guest mode in infinix nairaland