If you recently switched from an Android smartphone to an iPhone, you would most likely want to use the same WhatsApp account for the new device. However, you will not have your chat history on the new device. But then, you would not want to just lose all the chats because you got an iPhone. There are ways to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android phones to iPhones.
Transfer WhatsApp messages through backup:
- First of all, backup your WhatsApp messages on your Android device. Go to Settings > Chat Settings > Chat Backup to do that.
- Uninstall WhatsApp from your Android smartphone, and install WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Use the original number from your Android WhatsApp account to register on your iPhone. You will see a popup saying that a backup of your messages was found.
- Click Restore. All your messages from your Android device will be transferred to the iPhone.
Transfer through email:
- Open WhatsApp on your Android phone and go to Settings > Chat settings > Email Chat.
- Select the conversations you want to transfer. A dropdown message will appear, telling you that attaching media will generate a larger email message. You can choose to attach media or not.
- Add your email address and tap Send.
- Open your email from your iPhone to access all your transferred messages.
Transfer with software:
You can use an app like Backuptrans Android/iPhone WhatsApp transfer software to transfer WhatsApp messages between your devices. Here’s what to do:
- Install the Backuptrans Android iPhone WhatsApp Transfer + software on your PC or Mac.
- Launch it and connect your Android and iPhone to your computer via USB.
- Click Agree to Backup My Data.
- Go to your Android device from the PC. You will see all your conversations on the device.
- Right-click on the name of the device and select Transfer Messages from Android to iPhone”.
- Wait for the process to complete. That’s all.