UMIDIGI A3S is an Android 10 smartphone that was announced in December 2019. It features a 6.53-inch punch hole display, Mediatek MT6761 chipset, 13 MP selfie camera, 16 MP + 5MP rear dual camera, 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, 3950mAh battery.
Phone Status: Official. This is arguably the most affordable Android 10 smartphone released yet. There is a variant with 3GB of RAM that goes by the name UMIDIGI A3X
UMIDIGI A3S Specs and Features
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz. CDMA1X: BC0 /BC1
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz. TD-SCDMA: B34 /39. CDMA EVDO: BC0 /BC
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE bands 1(2100 / 2(1900) / 3(1800) / 4(1700/2100) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 12(700) / 13(700) / 17(700) / 18(800) / 19(800) / 20(800) / 26(850) / 28(700) / 38(2600) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- 5G mobile network bands: No.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Software / OS: Pure Android 10.
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: 153.7 x 72.9 x 8.45 mm
- Weight: 197g
- Display: 5.7 inches, 720 x 1440 pixels,18:9 aspect ratio, IPS LCD, 2.5D curved glass screen.
- Colours: Space Grey. Midnight Green.
- Physical Build: Dual glass + aluminium frame.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 2.0GHz Octa-core, Cortex
- Processor Name: Mediatek MT6761 (12nm)
- Graphics Processor: IMG GE8300
- RAM: 2 GB
- Internal Storage: 16 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
Photography, Video Recording
- Rear Camera: 16 MP main + 5 MP dual camera, dual LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 13 MP, f2.0 Aperture, AI Beauty, 1080p@30fps video capture.
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Digital Compass: Yes.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: Yes.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): Yes.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes; rear-mounted.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes; Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou
- USB: microUSB v2.0; USB-OTG
- NFC: No.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Ion 3950mAh
- Battery Charging: 5W Regular Charging
- Reverse Charging: No.
- Model Number: N/A
UMIDIGI A3S Price and Launch Date
- Announced: December 3, 2019.
- Release Date: December 2019.
- Country Availability: Online.
- Price: $59.99 (Introductory promo). That translates to about ₦22,000. This budget Android 10 phone is available from international online stores like AliExpress, Gearbest, and the like. Post-promo price is $79.99 (about ₦29,000).
The UMIDiGI A3X has 3GB RAM, a 19:9 aspect ratio display with a notch, and sells for $70 during the promo. It goes up to $89.99 after that.
Questions about UMIDIGI A3S
Here are quick answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about this mid-range droid.
Does UMIDIGI A3S have fingerprint reader?
Yes; UMIDIGI A3S has a fingerprint scanner that is located at the back of the phone.
Does UMIDIGI A3S have Face Unlock?
In addition to having a fingerprint scanner at the back, UMIDIGI A3s has Face Unlock, giving you the option of choosing to unlock the phone with your face.
Does UMIDIGI A3S have front flash?
UMIDIGI A3S has a 13MP front camera for taking selfies and does not have LED flash but uses screen flash for low-light photographs.
What is the price of UMIDIGI A3S?
UMIDIGI A3S is an affordable mid-range smartphone with decent features and specs. It cost $60 in its pre-order period. Do factor shipping costs into your calculations.
Does UMIDIGI A3S have Gorilla Glass?
UMIDIGI A3S does not have Gorilla Glass protection on its display.
Does UMIDIGI A3S have Wireless Charging?
No; UMIDIGI A3S does not have wireless charging or reverse charging.
Where can I buy UMIDIGI A3S?
You can buy the A3S on e-commerce sites like Amazon, AliExpress, Jumia, Banggood, and others.
Questions about UMIDIGI A3X
Here are quick answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about UMIDIGI A3X.
What is the difference between UMIDIGI A3X and A3S?
They are essentially the same device, but UMIDIGI A3X has 3GB of RAM instead of 2 GB. Everything else about the specs of the two models are the same.
Does UMIDIGI A3X have OTG?
Yes; UMIDIGI A3X has USB-On-The-Go (OTG) enabled, so you can plug in and use USB accessories like flash drive, mouse and keyboard with it.
Where can I buy UMIDIGI A3X?
You can buy the A3X on e-commerce sites like Amazon, AliExpress, Jumia, Banggood, and others.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
The specs and features of UMIDIGI A3S are quiet decent for the price being offered. The double-sided 2.5D curved glass and metal frame design, along with 2GB of RAM, 16GB storage, and a 3950mAh battery is a repectable combination for the price.
Having “global LTE bands” means that the A3S is one of the few smartphones that can be used in almost any country in the world – including countries with network carriers that deploy CDMA wireless technologies.
There are not a lot of phones in its price range that offer the value that it does. At the very least, it is an Android phone that you should give a serious look.
The 3GB RAM variant, UMIDiGI A3X, is also good value for money. Users who want smooth app launching and switching should spend the extra $10 to purchase it.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
UMIDIGI A3S Review Rating
We are yet to review the UMIDIGI A3S and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the UMIDIGI A3S are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Follow MobilityArena on social media!
We love to hear from you - your opinions, insights and experiences with smartphones and other gadgets. Be a part of Mobility Arena's active community by sharing a comment below if comments are enabled for this page.