You can unlock your Mac with your Apple Watch. It’s easy to set up, and once you do that you don’t need to input a password whenever you need to use your Mac. With the Auto Unlock Feature, the Mac identifies the user through the Apple Watch.
Here are a few things to consider before setting the Auto Unlock feature:
- It only works on Macs produced from 2013 till date.
- The Mac has to be running macOS Sierra.
- Apple Watch devices must run watchOS 3.
- You must enable two-factor authentication on your Mac.
- Your Watch and Mac must be signed in to the same iCloud account.
- Both devices must be password-protected.
Here are the steps to follow to enable the feature on your Mac:
- On your Mac, click on the Apple icon, then go to System Preferences.
- Next, click on Security and Privacy.
- Then, click on the General option tab.
- On that page, you will find an option to Allow Apple watch to unlock your Mac. Enable it.
- The next step is to input your Mac’s login password to activate the feature. It will sync with your watch for a few seconds.